garrett turbo junk yard find??

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys was here at school and had to go to the junk yard to get some brake drums and ran across the truck i got the drums off of was a 7.3 turbo diesel...well i asked the guy at the desk if they still had the turbo because the engine was out of it and all i seen was the down pipe. he said ya its in back and he grabbed it and i asked him how much he said shoot a price and he said 150 just for the turbo i dont know if he has any of the rest of the parts to complete it.... is this a good turbo? i dont know anything about the garrett's that they put on the late 7.3 idi's... what kind of boost do these turbos make and are they as good as a banks ?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
That would be the same as the ATS 093 minus the 3" down pipe housing. Try to get all of the parts for it or itll just be a big headache for you.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay thanks guys but if im not mistaken all the parts are in the cab yet ill just have to go look he said. the 3 inch down pipe is on it because it is huge i dont know how it even fit im gonna try to get the exhaust system also

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay thanks guys but if im not mistaken all the parts are in the cab yet ill just have to go look he said. the 3 inch down pipe is on it because it is huge i dont know how it even fit im gonna try to get the exhaust system also

Minus bolts and a stock downpipe, and the factory air cleaner box this is pretty much the complete enchilada!

You must be registered for see images attach

IFN I could locate those four parts marked in RED I'd have a complete kit myself!

Hope this helps

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
you'd be better off gettin a complete kit. its alot of work making everything custom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online