Game ON!! Dually Conversion Questions

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Went shopping today, and scored a Flatbed, a Delta box, 6 wheels, and the complete front hub assemblies.
He just torched through the end of the I beam, so I've got spindles, backing plates and all.
Where do I join the new parts to my truck? Do I just put the hubs on my spindles, or do I swap spindles and all?
Should I change the bushings on the other end of my I beams as well?

This truck is undergoing a pretty extensive makeover.]
Dually conversion,
Ditching the factory bed for a flat bed,
Ditching the factory tanks for a set of Saddle tanks up front, and a 38 gallon rear, (Should carry about 120 gallons on board)
New Clutchpack
New clutch hydraulics
Five amber lights on the cab (DOT requirement) I might just buy a lund visor w/ the lights already installed.
LED Lights on bed
Solonoid box for all lights
New shocks all around
Adding a few leaves to the rear leaf packs
Heated power mirrors (west coast mirrors)
New stereo and speakers w/ Sirius
Maybe a new tekonsha brake controller
Maybe a set of strait pipe stacks, but I doubt it.
I'm definitely on the lookout for a pair of "Warm up" Valves to build exhaust brakes out of
And a new white paint job.
Why? Because it's cheaper than buying another truck!!!
I'll have all this done for less than $2,000 and my time.
Thoughts? Opinions?
The creature comforts listed above aren't for me, but that's what it takes to get drivers to work for you nowadays.
I'm probably going to put this truck to work pulling RV's to the west coast, at least for the summer. Once the mountains start getting snow, and RV season comes to a close, I'll pull the 5th wheel hitch off and it'll pull freight on a gooseneck trailer.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions on mounting these hubs? Do I use my old spindles, or do I separate them at the ball joints?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions on mounting these hubs? Do I use my old spindles, or do I separate them at the ball joints?

Probably take the same amount of time either way. I don't know if they used the same spindles or ball joints, you may have to call a stealership to answer that and make your decision from there.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the spindles are the same, when you take the hub off you'll know for sure. If your goin that far in, might as well put balljoints in it if they've never been done. Im interested in where your gettin your heated mirrors, I'd like to get some for my truck.