Gabriel shocks from autozone, $25/set?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need new rear shocks and called around. Found out autozone has gabriels for $17 and the second set would be half price. Right now the shock mounts are broken so it has no shocks, and it rides more like a speed boat, so just about anything would be better than what has now.

has anyone used these? This is just a general use truck - not built up for power, no towing and will probably never have more than a ton in the bed, and that would be rare. Once in a while it hauls 1000 lbs or so but that's it.

basically i am just trying to figure out if those shocks are "junk" or "good enough"

any comments?

thanks,
Paul

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these trucks are stiff enough that any shock will work. I do keep a new set on the fronts due to deathwobble issues.but the rears never have been changed out.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine the cheaper ones don't last as long, but will work for a while.

obinella

Reaction score
i bit on the same deal, buy three, one free, from the zone. replaced the stock ones on my wifes exploder that had over 100k on them. there no better than the ones i took off. i should have saved my time and coin. my advice, buy a better grade.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Gabriels from AZ at like $20-25 a piece, they ain't the super-best model but the one right below it - made a big improvement in the rear axle behavior, no more jumping all over the place.