future IDI expert

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so i picked up a motor from the yard. guy drove it in and i was there. told the owner to pull it for me, had to wait till the next day as it was too hot to pull.
got it home and started tear down. nothing wrong, just because cookoo cookoo cookoo . this is my son prestin, he still thinks i'm cool. he loves to help me work on the truck. dosen't matter what the weather, or what were doing, he's right there, handing me tools. my other kids are too busy with friends, video games, complaining about my "old truck", to be bothered. so anyways, just thought i'd share
chris

Attachments

• prestin.JPG
    prestin.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 27
  • prestin2.JPG
    prestin2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 24

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Looks like the age when I started working on vehicles. Tore appart and rebuilt my first transfer case at that age. my dad was in disbelief that I got it back together and it was right!

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
That's the way to do right there... Good job!!

You've probably seen it but I'll repeat it... all the experts say that tv is harmful for kids and they need more hands on activities while they are growing up.... Just remember to be patient with them and they will be beside you a long time.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I hope that when mine gets older (18 months now) he still has some interest in the things I do. Right now he's my shadow and Im going to miss that.

Thanks for sharing.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Very Cool!

I started at that age as well - we ran a mower repair shop so I was always out with Dad in the shop doing tasks. I can still remember those times - Fond memories....

You're doing good - keep up the good work.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, that's great!;Sweet Some of my favorite memories as a child were "helping" Dad work in the garage/shop. I think I slowed him down more than anything and I know I asked way too many questions. But, I loved it. I'm glad I got the chance to start working on projects with him at a young age. It planted a seed that led to the many projects we work together on now. Still learning from Dad all the time.

Keep it up.

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
very cool, my 5 yr old likes to hang around but makes it hard. he grabs/pulls/twists things before thinking or even asking. he means well but i cant tell you how many things he has messed up, guess its all part of learning.

the 2 year old is my shadow though, i just have to get him to get me my wrenches instead of hiding them places:eek: :D no the 1/4 sockets dont go in the intake.......LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My 2yr old little girl loves to follow "dada" around in the garage much to her mum's disgust...LOL...She's not a fan of my IDI though - "too woud!!!" as she says...LOL...I was wrenching young, drove my dad nuts taking all his yard equipment apart but most of the time I got it back together and running again...hehe