Full IDI intercooler setup

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Isn't that one of those 145 buck coolers off ebay? I was checking on those previously and thought that was pretty reasonable, and the Tube kits are cheap to like 150 bucks if I recall. So where is the big expense?

I didn't realize there was a piping kit for our trucks? I did pay about $160 for the intercooler. Then the cost of the piping, adapters, clamps, and hardware. Also the intake hat from Russ and the bar mount. Plus the time of fabricating and fitting. I know a pre fitted kit from Hypermax runs around $1200. I really am not trying to rip anyone off, just put up what I thought was a reasonable price.

Looks like a real nice setup, and for $600.00 that is a fair price for a complete kit. I wish needed one!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATS kit when it was avail would have set you back $1300.
Hypermax kit is $1200.
this kit at $600 is priced reasonable. there's no moving parts to wear out or rebuild. $160 for the IC plus $150 for the tubing kit plus roughly $150 for Russ's intake elbow kit doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the time spent putting it all together. I'd say it's a very fair price.;Sweet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, considering I have roughly $900 in my IC setup in my brown truck I'm gonna say this is a nice kit, its ready to bolt on, minus the required air intake. You really can't comment on it being overpriced if you have never put the time and effort into making a custom intercooler setup. I know I have probably 40hrs in making mine work. So you really have to factor that into its value as well.

1994IDI

Reaction score
The intercooler is gone. I do however still have the intake hat from Russ. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats less that he paid for it, just a couple months ago, dang the bad luck Jared.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to ask, although I think I know the answer already...the IC itself is gone, but do you still have the piping?

I already have an IC and an intake hat (thanks again Russ ;Sweet ), but could use the piping if it isn't already gone.

Thanks in advance!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to ask, although I think I know the answer already...the IC itself is gone, but do you still have the piping?

I already have an IC and an intake hat (thanks again Russ ;Sweet ), but could use the piping if it isn't already gone.

Thanks in advance!
tim-
before you get all worked up over it, his piping is set up for a half height IC.
isn't yours a OEM IC? the piping diameter and discharge locations are different. his setup is very similiar to mime(see below)

Attachments

• ICPIPINGLAYOUT.jpg
    ICPIPINGLAYOUT.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 30

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
before you get all worked up over it, his piping is set up for a half height IC.
isn't yours a OEM IC? the piping diameter and discharge locations are different. his setup is very similiar to mime(see below)
Yes, mine's an OEM 6.0hNo IC. I was thinking that it might be easier to modify his pipes than to start from scratch, but I honestly don't know either way...as usual, I defer to you :D

It's likely a moot point in any event; I imagine the pipes went with the IC...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine's an OEM 6.0hNo IC. I was thinking that it might be easier to modify his pipes than to start from scratch, but I honestly don't know either way...as usual, I defer to you :D

It's likely a moot point in any event; I imagine the pipes went with the IC...
all we have to do is get some piping. we have ARC, MIG and TIG to put it all together. somewhere I can locate a few alcohol soaked brain cells to remember how to put it all together:eek::D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all we have to do is get some piping. we have ARC, MIG and TIG to put it all together. somewhere I can locate a few alcohol soaked brain cells to remember how to put it all together:eek::D
;Sweet Always a good thing :D sometimes I forget how simple we can make things :D

BTW, not to drag this too far into the weeds, but do you remember those Euro M-B headlights you pulled for a friend of mine about a year ago? Wanna say hi to them? ;)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Always a good thing :D sometimes I forget how simple we can make things :D

BTW, not to drag this too far into the weeds, but do you remember those Euro M-B headlights you pulled for a friend of mine about a year ago? Wanna say hi to them? ;)
did he give you yet another MBZ?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D Not yet :angel: he's actually in town at the moment, and I recommended to him :backoff :D that he thank you for the lights. A bit busy today, but may be able to terrorize you tomorrow evening...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D Not yet :angel: he's actually in town at the moment, and I recommended to him :backoff :D that he thank you for the lights. A bit busy today, but may be able to terrorize you tomorrow evening...
one thing my cat taught me well....
people bringing food and beer always has my attention:D