Fuel pump for wmo

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems my carter fuel pump is already dying so i was wondering what the best pump would be for use with WMO. I found some scavenge pumps that i imagine would work very well but there a small fortune, so i was hoping to find something a little cheaper. How do the holley and walbro pumps do with it. Is there an advantage to going with a high pressure pump and regulator vs something like the holley red with its 4-7 psi built in regulator.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go to a recent thread called "why 80%wmo to 20%gas?" We digress into a discussion of this. I'm going to switch to that Holley red or black eventually but right now the stock mechanical pump runs mine.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a holley red so that should be plenty of fuel. At what point does the return line have to be upgraded should i be concerned with all the extra fuel flow

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I ordered a holley red so that should be plenty of fuel. At what point does the return line have to be upgraded should i be concerned with all the extra fuel flow

Don't worry about the return lines for Holley Red.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go to a recent thread called "why 80%wmo to 20%gas?" We digress into a discussion of this. I'm going to switch to that Holley red or black eventually but right now the stock mechanical pump runs mine.
I’ve spent 15 minutes trying to find this post you speak of to no avail. Maybe because I’m using my phone? But most likely because I’m an idiot and can’t figure out the damn search tools! Could you spare any links, sir? :party:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent 15 minutes trying to find this post you speak of to no avail. Maybe because I’m using my phone? But most likely because I’m an idiot and can’t figure out the damn search tools! Could you spare any links, sir? :party:
I have no idea, I just tried looking for it to no avail. I'm technologically retarded.....hence I drive an IDI on WMO.......

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it somehow! Really, I don't know what I did. But I took this screenshot and maybe that will help you in your journey to electricly pumping WMO. Godspeed Stu!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-073515.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-073515.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 10

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the holley red installed and it flows more fuel out the schrader valve than any other pump iv used so far. Interestingly it seems my other fuel pumps were good i guess the filter in the tank came apart and clogged the pickup tube as no fuel was flowing at all at first. After taking a fuel line off and blasting some air it seems to be all good now. I did a little test and it flowed about 1/2 gallon in 30 seconds so about 60gph not as much as advertised but more than the other pumps i have so im going to call it good

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those advertised flow rates are under ideal conditions with no restrictions. There's probably not much fuel line that they're attached to either.