FS:Moose Products Performance Items

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to increasing demand, here is a re-run of the Moose Pump announcement with updated product information.

Now announcing a high performance DB2 injection pump for your 6.9/7.3 IDI!

The Moose Pump!

You must be registered for see images

After considering the needs of the brotherhood, I have decided to go out at great personal expense and develop in partnership with an authorized Stanadyne rebuilder, an injection pump rebuild program that will produce a DB2 injection pump for the 6.9 or 7.3 IDI that delivers performance as good as or better than what you have come to expect from the limited number of performance suppliers out there. My rebuilder wishes to remain anonymous, due to the high quality of work which they can only deliver if they do not have mountains of pumps laying at the doorstep. Consequently, at this time these pumps are only available through me. This rebuild program is exactly that. A rebuild of your existing pump, to the performance specs that we have established. All pumps are completely disassembled, cleaned, needed parts are replaced, and key components substituted to produce the smoke belching monster of your dreams. A turbo is REQUIRED and an intercooler HIGHLY recommended if you intend to get everything out of these pumps that they can deliver. Now the important part, and this you need to understand... There is no set price. This shop charges for Labor, Calibration, and Parts. Calibration is always about the same, $200. Shop Labor around $300. Parts are cheap, but they add up quick. The first "production" pump from my builder (which is currently on the Moose Truck), cost me close to $700. So, yes it is expensive in for the IDI world, while comparatively, it is half the price of many more modern diesel components. The key factor in this is the availabilty and certainty of your order being processed and you actually getting your pump back, working the way you expect. I collect at least $500 with your running core, with the balance due (whatever that may be) when your pump is ready to ship. Individuals interested in this offer my PM me here for further details.

The Moose family of products now includes:
The Original Moose Pump - DB2 performance pump with a target output of 90CC per 1000 strokes.

The Baby Moose Pump - For those looking for a high quality stock rebuild. The Baby Moose is a stock pump with factory spec CC delivery. After all, it's what every Moose Pump once was... :)

The Super Moose Pump - We're talking Lord God King Boofoo! 110CC per 1000 - This is insane fuel flow, which requires Moose Misters. This is for SERIOUSLY built engines only. Don't even consider it if your not decompressed, running studs, high boost numbers, intercooler, the whole nine yards. Price - yeah, it's up there. About twice the cost of a regular Moose Pump.

Moose Mister Injectors - Don't know what they are? Read the thread.

Stock Delphi BB Injectors - I can get them, but seriously why buy from me when Russ has them much cheaper.

NOTE: Moose Pumps ARE available in GM non-computerized flavors for the 6.2/6.5 liter engine!

I also pervay a number of smaller items including return line kits and fuel lines. PM me for a complete line card and current pricing information.

(PM for you newbies is a private message - make sure you have that functionality turned on)

A few words on Horsepower. I frequently get asked "What kind of gains can I expect" or "What's the horsepower with these" The short answer is, I don't have any figures to give you. Dyno numbers are very subjective and depend on many other factors including injectors, timing, temperature, fuel, etc. It would take all the Moose Pump equipped trucks, dyno'ed and averaged out to get a reasonable figure to publish. There are also very few who dyno before and after, so measuring the gains is difficult. If you are considering one of my pumps, the best thing to do is ask the community, or search the threads and read the comments already written. The Moose Pump program has been very sucessfull and there are a lot of nice things being said about them for you to read. If you want a serious "seat of the pants" increase, then get one. If you want a quality rebuild, done by hand, done with perfection in mind, and by someone who is concerned genuinely about quality, then this is the pump for you. They are not the cheapest. They are not the fastest to get, but you DO get what you pay for.

I also get asked about coreless exchanges or advance exchanges. I will work with you on a case by case basis, but I do have to charge more for these services.

Frequent Q&A:

Do I take Paypal? Sometimes. Yes, for international orders.

Can I run a Moose Pump without a turbo? - A Baby Moose Yes. Anything above that, and I can't in good consience recommend it.

Can I get a Moose Pump and turn it down? - Seriously I'd prefer that you don't. If you think you need to do that, get a Baby Moose. Resale on these should be decent, so you can upgrade to a Full Moose Pump later. These pumps are calibrated for a certain fuel flow at a certain RPM. Decreasing the fuel flow may result in a pump that performs poorly.

Can I turn a Moose Pump UP after I get it? - There is still a little left above where we set it MOST of the time. Depending on the core we recieve, this may NOT be the case.

What's the warranty? - Parts and labor protected for 6 months. 6 Months to a Year is on a case by case basis. If we find the pump was ruined with junk fuel, contamination, or some other problem beyond the rebuilders control, then we will have to talk. Otherwise, we will most likely cover it. We want to work with you, and do the best we can. I have not had any come back in that first year as of yet, and only one so far that didn't stand the test of time.

What is involved with replacing a pump? - Read the Fuel Injection Servicing article

There are about 25 pumps in service in the U.S., Brazil, Canada, Finland, and maybe some other place I've left out, and they have been shipping since 2007.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
How about a ball park figure on the pricings?No real way to set in stone a price but would be nice for the noobies to the fold to know about what they are looking at(......and when I switched computers I lost all my old figures I saved....).Especially for a super moose smog hog.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have Moose Pump #9 in my brown truck and I can attest that it is THE BEST injection pump I have ever purchased. I did not get the chance to dyno my truck in N/A configuration, but I can tell you with the Moose in my truck with the proper add ons to support it, it's a darn scary ride on wet roads. If I can pull it off I'll be installing Moose Misters as well in this truck, possibly a little rally project if I get the money in time. All in all, Mel is an AWESOME guy to buy from. I will never buy any other pump except for a Moose for any of my other trucks.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a ball park figure on the pricings?No real way to set in stone a price but would be nice for the noobies to the fold to know about what they are looking at(......and when I switched computers I lost all my old figures I saved....).Especially for a super moose smog hog.
Mel?????

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score

Ah he did... mel said that the first pump was 700 clams, he also said he collects 500 up front... so there you have your ball park... 500 -> 700 but could be more - depends on how many parts your pump needs...

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Ah he did... mel said that the first pump was 700 clams, he also said he collects 500 up front... so there you have your ball park... 500 -> 700 but could be more - depends on how many parts your pump needs...

So,about 1400 to rebuild a DPS pump....:rotflmao

Was wondering cause I am looking at a Promar engine again for White Lightning....and will need a fuel system and a hairdryer.