moose pump installed

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Mel,
thanks for offering this. very nice product, does what it should.
Makes the truck very drivable.

By the time the skinny pedal hits the metal, boost is at 10psi. I guess there goes the whole 'non-wastegated turbos spool up slower'
Egt's are not really an issue, 0-75 full throttle it was the boost gauge not the egts I was watching.... maybe 750 degrees pre-turbo, I was having to let up slightly to keep the air pressure at 12 or less.

cruising 55-65 egts were the same as they used to be, air pressure was 4psi whereas normally it was 0-1.
This makes me believe my fuel consumption will be not effected greatly.
black smoke was not excessive, just at full throttle taking off from a stop.

ohh and all of this is on Biodiesel I make (this partially accounts for the lack of smoke). My truck hasn't had diesel in it for 2years.

if anyone is really wanting a video I can shoot one.

Drew

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that is awesome.:thumbsup: It's really making me want to get the turbo on so I can install my Moose Pump. It's just sitting in a box all by itself currently.;Really

What turbo are you using? Hypermax, old Banks, or old ATS? Just curious. Also how is it setup?

suv7734

Reaction score
DeepRoots,

Nice work! That thing is awesome :thumbsup:
Just a suggstion to check your vacuum pump 'level', VRV adjustment and the modulator as the 1-2 shift sounded a little 'weak' and with that much power it can cause 'extra' wear.

Man that is awesome.:thumbsup: It's really making me want to get the turbo on so I can install my Moose Pump. It's just sitting in a box all by itself currently.;Really

You could ship it to me (I'll pay) and then I can try it out for you :eek: :angel:

What turbo are you using? Hypermax, old Banks, or old ATS? Just curious. Also how is it setup?

Shows as ATS 088

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ats nonwastegated. older type.
I think it was from a van, as the crossoverpipe wasn't even close to fitting...

I need to drive to jacksonville soon for a firefighting course (I'm a merchant marine engineer). I'll get a good feel for this pump, and maybe do a little more aggressive run.
my old pump was 2 seconds different on a 0-60 so it isn't a HUGE difference, but it certainly is noticable, and makes the truck much more driveable I'd certainly recommend this pump as PART of building up a truck.
Still isn't a duramax or anything.... but you have to love these old idi's

I have a friend who just parked an 88 with a zf out to pasture. I might rob the trans and fixings. I think that would make this alot more impressive.... it seems the engine makes alot of power, but not all that much makes it to the dirt.

so, zf, intercooler, different air intake, and some sorta locker so I don't spin one wheel, and I'll be happy.

yeah, and vrv and pump timing were "eyed up" and not set properly. I'll get to that later, but I was just getting it on and running first.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That looks like about 10 seconds 0-60 at 3/4 throttle;Sweet That's definitely nothing to sneeze at :hail Sounds NICE -Drool

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, just think if that was a manual trans!
That thing could almost do well in a quarter mile!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online