FS E40D $500 or trade?

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rebuilt about 30k ago, swapped to ZF5. Upgraded trans and t/c. banks trans controller, trans brain also. Vancouver/Portland area. worked fine when pulled

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ***** man..... -Drool-Drool-Drool That would work so freakin well in my Bronco....I could dump the T19...I think an E4OD would be ok in a truck that may at worst pull a car trailer or small camping trailer......Whatcha think?

I am not a huge fan of slush box as I like rowing but in this case....it may work ok for my needs.

What upgrades to the trans and TC have you had done? What brain do you mean and whats with the Banks controller, please tell me more as I am really interested

What was your primary use of the truck? Towing? Hauling heavy loads?

Last edited:

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the trans was rebuilt last time, the shop put a shift kit and upgraded T/C. We pulled our 30' 5th wheel to N.E. Washington then to Libby Montana. It worked fine. My wife was tired of disconnecting the battery to reset T/C hiccups. Any voltage spike in brake system can cause the T/C to unlock and then lock. The tack would jump up and down. Once reset it was usually good to go for days. We found a donor truck to change to the ZF5. While doing other work on the truck, we found bare brake wires along the frame, the cause of the problem. The trans needs the brain to control the T/C. If you have cruise control, when you hit the brakes it unlocks the T/C, that was where we had the problem. The banks controler was installed when we had the turbo installed. Need more info drop me a PM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online