Front plastic fuel tank ID help

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since my engine is currently at the machine shop. I decided to drop my fuel tank to replace the shower head that recently broke off. As expected, one of the fuel tank straps was rusted in half and the other one wasn't far behind. Thankfully the giant skid plate was kind of holding everything up still. Looking online i can't seem to find any information about these plastic tanks. I'm trying to find the correct replacement fuel tank strap but i'm not having any luck.

Furthermore all of the OEM replacement tanks that i see online are steel, which i don't think would fit in this area since this tank slid into a big metal heat shield like cover that wraps around the tank. The front fuel tank strap actually has a bracket spot welded to it that bolts it to the heat shield.

Surely i'm missing something obvious here but i'm kind of dumbfounded by it. Anybody have any insight into this? Or what replacement straps i should buy?

This picture isn't great, i can get a better one when im out in the shop again if this isn't good enough.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory 23 gallon tank, what year is your truck? I can get you part numbers for replacement straps and sending units.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I haven't pulled anything but steel midship tanks out of IDI Fords.

If I didn't know better, looks more like a Dodge tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance