FP DIESEL GASKETS

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have been doing some research and found there to be several companies to offer head gasket sets (Victor,Fel-pro,Ford oem, and international oem). I ordered the victors and when I got them they were horrible fire rings dancing around in the gasket and just not put together well, so I ordered the fel-pro better but I didnt feel comfortable enough to use them. So I thought I was gonna have to go to ford. I researched the commerical line of the products for the IDI given back then they were in school buses n such and came across FP Diesel which is a subsidiary of Federal Mogul, found a part number for the top end kit and ordered them from napa today has anyone ever used these before in thier truck, I will be updating when I receive them with pics n such.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...this is news to me. Lots of ob members have had great luck with Fel-Pro and Victor Reinz head gaskets including myself. Some have even pushed turbo boost numbers and gaskets seem to hold up fine. As long as you don't buy an OEM gasket that came with these engines, I think you will be fine. The head gaskets that came from the factory were marginal at best IMO. Lots of improvements have been done to head gaskets in the past 25 years.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Never heard nor seen what you are posting about gasket issues. Victor is considered to be the best. the flepro. At one time all we could buy was a non turbo head gasket. Then a non or turbo gasket. Now its just the turbo gaskets available. Same with the oil cooler bundles. Only the turbo bundles are available. Shopping at the "dealer" will get you the same part in a dealer box. Others have found this to be true. Went to ford and got head gaskets. Opened box to find navistar printing on inside box. Wow. Repackaging at its best. I feel you are getting some bad gaskets and this is not the norm.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen was FP Diesel are from the Fel Pro company but the applications are for commercial purposes so hoping they are constructed better than the regular ones if I don't like the way there put together ill go with regular ones just exploring all options on the market for everyone

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FP diesel used to be its own entity, parent company was Korody- Colyer. Did mostly bigger diesel stuff way back. I have used hundreds of their parts on detroits. Great products. Being now owned under the Fed Mog group they may be a felpro gasket.

If it is their new 7 layer gasket that would be awesome

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Maybe the FP head gaskets will have the open coolant passages in them for the 7.3 engines. I still wonder why we run all 7.3 engines with closed off coolant passages in the heads and block lower corners. Just does not make good sense.