For whoever was asking about an engine driven air compressor.....

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not mine, just found it on cl.....

If someone is serious about wanting it I can probably get it and arrange storage, but I think shipping would be pretty pricey.....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's what towcat has/had on his truck.

It'd fosho be nice.
I think you're right!

I'd love to have something like that, but I don't think there's a way to run that without eliminating your air conditioning...as much as I'd love onboard air, I don't think this penguin could sacrifice his a/c even for for that monster...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Calvin does have one of those on his rig and it does ruin the ac choice or air compresser. That thing is a beast too.:eek::thumbsup:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I sure a person could get creative and PTO it. Of course it'd have to be bed mounted though, I don't see it fitting under a truck too easily.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure a person could get creative and PTO it. Of course it'd have to be bed mounted though, I don't see it fitting under a truck too easily.
You make a fair point; OTOH at that point it'd probably be less trouble to rig up an electric compressor, either operated electrically, or pull the motor off and adapt the compressor to be PTO-driven...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, that is a cool idea. But if I really wanted an on board air compressor, I would probably just mount a gas powered air compressor in the bed or keep a small electric one handy. Seems like that would take room under the hood and sacrifice other components such as a/c and power. Just my opinion however.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You make a fair point; OTOH at that point it'd probably be less trouble to rig up an electric compressor, either operated electrically, or pull the motor off and adapt the compressor to be PTO-driven...

On second thought, you're right.
I would like a toolbox mounted compressor(for protection from the elements, and hopefully keep it quiet), with under bed tanks.

The one in the link is way more than I'd ever need.
Usually just piddly stuff like changing tires, air ratchet stuff, etc...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it does take up a shitload of space.
see pics.

Attachments

• SL378976.JPG
    SL378976.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 41
  • SL378977.JPG
    SL378977.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 38
  • SL378978.JPG
    SL378978.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 32

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
As much space as it takes up, it better have supercharger abilitys, thats a lot of real estate to give up for compressed air you'll use seldomly.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much space as it takes up, it better have supercharger abilitys, thats a lot of real estate to give up for compressed air you'll use seldomly.
mime was mounted on a road service truck. that compressor as ungainly as it is, pushed 33 CFM at 160psi. you could tear off the lugnuts on the most stubborn big rig :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a beast. Makes my York look tiny. How about the PS pump hoses? With the pump being moved up and toward the center of the engine, you must need different hoses, correct?

Heath