For whoever was asking about an engine driven air compressor.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heath asks an important question about the power steering pump hoses. I'll bet the hoses from the bus idi engines will fit correctly. I see the power steering pump vesivour has the hydroboost return line blocked off. Hydroboost is something I would want on a road repair rig. That compresser is beastly but I sure would feel safe having that on my rig if I worked on semis out on the road..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If yer airing up tyres like 39x14.50x16 or say 44's or larger on a wheeler that would be FAST

as said I'd love to have one...but ya realistically it's not in my cards less they take a left nut in exchange for it instead of cash!

Be awesome for other work too. I can imagine..Woot

I'm either going to have to use a large capacity York or I'd like to get a Chrysler Vtwin air cond comp, they have a bi-rotor oil pump in them.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a beast. Makes my York look tiny. How about the PS pump hoses? With the pump being moved up and toward the center of the engine, you must need different hoses, correct?

Heath
heath-
the hoses are mounted on a swivel coupling. all i did was rotate it downwards and massaged the steering gear part of the hard line. nothing real special. was done otherwise.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Never mind filling tires, that thing would be great for using a 5 note railroad horn on the truck. Wake up the neighborhood.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now your talking Mike... Kinda didn't even think that direction about feeding an air horn off a locomotive... Probably could make a brown note with it too...:angel::angel:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never mind filling tires, that thing would be great for using a 5 note railroad horn on the truck. Wake up the neighborhood.

Ya got a three and four note one to install and nothing with enough Oomph to make em bark loud. LOL

That was the other thought I had.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Al... Just find a big as air tank and fill it from any small compresser. Then cruise town full well knowing you only have so much ammo to blow the horns.. Used wisely they can be fun as hell. Used the wrong way and get your ass kicked thru the clouds...:angel::sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed with Gary. The size of the storage tank's more important than the size of the compressor, unless you're going to be sounding the horn for a full minute every 3 minutes :D

I actually got my hands on a small electric compressor; now I "just" need a storage tank or three ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heath-
the hoses are mounted on a swivel coupling. all i did was rotate it downwards and massaged the steering gear part of the hard line. nothing real special. was done otherwise.

Nice. I thought a trip or two the hydraulic shop would be needed for hoses. Didn't think there was enough line to make the stock ones work.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online