First IDI - F250 dually 4x4

jbuck

Reaction score
The return line kit will fix that issue. air is being drawn into the injectors, I have the same issue. John Riggins (Riggo) is a Hall of Fame Inductee. Everbody knows him in DC. I would think that might increase the price of the truck on resale. Redskins fans are nuts about the team. I still see cars that people painted burgandy & gold in DC and the surrounding area. I remember that pretty well when that truck came out growing up in the suburbs of Virginia. People in the DC area will remember that add. Riggins grabbed Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day Occoner at a White House Dinner and told her to "have a drink and lighten up baby" and then passed out. Riggins escapades are legendary in Washington. He has had a falling out with Owner Dan Snyder several years back and is not allowed at Redskins Park. Sorry for the history lession but i can't think of a bigger goofball than Riggins but one hell of a player. Nice truck enjoy and welcome. How good of a deal?? LOL

jtt220

Reaction score
Thanks for the lesson, I needed it! As a lifetime...uahhaa... Lions fan, and a fresh DC transplant, I can honestly say that I never really paid Riggins much attention. But it's certainly good to know why my truck has a scribbled autograph and funny paint scheme ;)

Thanks for the input jbuck! We're practically neighbors... maybe we'll see each other at an event someday.

Speaking of which... the upcoming rally in Tecumseh, MI is very close to where I grew up! Maybe I'll head up for that...

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
and a tidbit of info..seems this friend of mine,,has owned a 96 pwr for a couple years..ASSUMED since it was dually,it was misbadged!!! said f250!! gets the vin,,,its a f250!! seems that duals were a option on heavy f250's.. you could order a dually rear axle..at that time,,a 575 dollar option!!! new one on me,,and been around fords a FEW years!!!!!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
and a tidbit of info..seems this friend of mine,,has owned a 96 pwr for a couple years..ASSUMED since it was dually,it was misbadged!!! said f250!! gets the vin,,,its a f250!! seems that duals were a option on heavy f250's.. you could order a dually rear axle..at that time,,a 575 dollar option!!! new one on me,,and been around fords a FEW years!!!!!

That is a load of crap. The F250s ONLY came in SRW

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the Olives with the return line kit just in case one of them has gone bad and is leaking. Olives are the little rubber grommets on the end of the injector lines and you have to take one end off just to replace the return lines.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Last edited:

jtt220

Reaction score
I tried snugging it as soon as I saw the leak, but to no avail. It was already VERY snug.

I'll look more in to the carrier pump. Seems interesting! If I'm understanding; it allows for the bypass of the OEM fuel pump?