First Body Damage Ever

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Ouch! Her first dent. :puke:

Today we had a combination of 5" of snow and sleet. I pull her out of the barn, shear a marker light off the roof and locally dent the roof. :mad:

The snow and sleet was so stiff that the tire didn't cut thru but rode on top. This caused the truck to hit the overhead beam and cause me to create new words! -cuss

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Ouch! Her first dent. :puke:

Today we had a combination of 5" of snow and sleet. I pull her out of the barn, shear a marker light off the roof and locally dent the roof. :mad:

The snow and sleet was so stiff that the tire didn't cut thru but rode on top. This caused the truck to hit the overhead beam and cause me to create new words! -cuss

Those aren't "new words", I've been known to use them on occasion also. cookoo OkieGringo

rubberfish

Reaction score
That sucks. My FIL would know how you feel.
He hit the roof of his '05 D-max on a sprinkler
head in an apartment underground. I don't go
anywhere near u/g's with my truck, and my
shop has 9 foot doors on it, so no worries there. :)

pafixitman

Reaction score
I got a some firewood off the deck and never busted thru this crap. The kids had a blast. Not sure what tonight will bring. Cold temps, snow and wind.

Sorry to hear that John.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Yeah it was crazy frozen snow today, but still made a lot thankfully doin' driveways.

Sorry to hear the body damage. I got the diesel high centered on a drift off a plowed road to a non plowed road and had to rock back and forth 'till the front end bit.

Adrianspeeder

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that John. I also suffered a weather related dent. The big ice pack on the hood of the Moosestang decided to let loose at once and it flew back like a Nascar racer at speed and tumbled onto the roof with a bang loud enough to make you think Anna Nicole Smith's dead body just fell out of an airplane onto your roof. Nice dent just above the windsheild. -cuss

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
John and Mel...

Dang that sucks.

Now come on Mel... Snow and Ice... Are you sure you didn't try pulling into John's garage...

I know I'm always real skeptical of following behind semi's when we have had snow and the temp are right around the 32 degree mark because I have seen some pretty good sized sheets of ice/snow mix come flying off the roof of their trailers. I have always invisioned the pieces to come flying through my windshield. scarey stuff man...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
I know I'm always real skeptical of following behind semi's when we have had snow and the temp are right around the 32 degree mark because I have seen some pretty good sized sheets of ice/snow mix come flying off the roof of their trailers. I have always invisioned the pieces to come flying through my windshield. scarey stuff man...

Worse yet, following behind a truck and thinking a piece of frozen crap comes off the mudflap only to realize it was a cinder block and we're traveling 50 mph.:***:
Thank goodness it was in the county vehicle, tire and rim TOASTED!:puke:

Yeah that first dent always sucks. I have 2 radiators in stock just for my bad luck deer encounters. 8 deer, 1 pig and a dog under my belt so far.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John and Mel...

Dang that sucks.

Now come on Mel... Snow and Ice... Are you sure you didn't try pulling into John's garage...

That actually happened here this week. A girl was killed. PA passed a new law last month holding the driver of the sheading vehicle responsible. Now there is a manhunt for the trucker responsible.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That actually happened here this week. A girl was killed. PA passed a new law last month holding the driver of the sheading vehicle responsible. Now there is a manhunt for the trucker responsible.

I understand that is a big problem but how in the hell can someone clear the ice and snow off the top a semi trailer. There is no way to get up there and 99.9% of the drivers don't carry a shovel. I sure as hell would not get up there and try to clean the roof with no rails to keep from falling off. -cuss

Sorry for my ranting.:mad:

Jim

rubberfish

Reaction score
I understand that is a big problem but how in the hell can someone clear the ice and snow off the top a semi trailer. There is no way to get up there and 99.9% of the drivers don't carry a shovel. I sure as hell would not get up there and try to clean the roof with no rails to keep from falling off. -cuss

Sorry for my ranting.:mad:

Jim

My thoughts too.
So we're not supposed to work during the winter months?
I hope the country doesn't run out of beer and food. cookoo
Politicians and do-gooders need their heads examined.:rolleyes: