Some things Ive learned about my IDI

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to all of you for ansewering my sometimes stupid questions.....you are a great group of guys and have made it much easier to own my IDI, not to mention you have saved me alot of money in repair bills, by giving me the knowladge to "do it myself"! But that being said I have learned a few things about my truck the hard way, such as;

Laying on the starter to long WILL burn it up! :puke:

That you cant drive a dually crew cab in places that a jeep would think twice about. Had mine bumper to bumper hanging over a small gully like a bridge due to bad directions from a crazy old farmer that told me to take a short cut!! :mad:

That when you walk into Autozone for parts and the clerk says "we dont sell diesel parts, you have to go to a special shop" that you grit your teeth, and if you argue with him long enough he will get you the right starter. Although I paid for the cheaper starter I got the expensive one cause I didnt know what I was talking about! :sly

Not to let my fiance drive it after she called and asked why it was running funny, she bought me the good "GAS"! draining everything was shure fun!! :eek:

That my truck WILL get stuck in the slightest bit of snow, in a field entrance an hour from home! and after an hour of trying to get it unstuck, you should smile nice n not cuss when ur 14 year old jumps in the drivers seat and gets it unstuck in less than a minute!!-cuss

That when a crazy methed out biker sticks an axe through your dually fender cause hes pissed cause you arrested him two years ago and he finds out your now retired that you can no longer do **** about it, except cuss under your breath and hope your former coworkers will get off their ***** n do something about it! you should just keep your stress under control -cuss

But Ive also learned that all the rodeos its hauling us too, and all the hunting trips its been going on, All the camping trips, and hauling my boys first fixer upper home, have made it a great bonding experiance!! Im hooked on my IDI!!

Once I get all the bugs figured out, its only gonna get better!! Thanks guys!!

Badasp118

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
That when a crazy methed out biker sticks an axe through your dually fender cause hes pissed cause you arrested him two years ago and he finds out your now retired that you can no longer do **** about it, except cuss under your breath and hope your former coworkers will get off their ***** n do something about it! you should just keep your stress under control -cuss

Badasp118

And he lived to tell about it?!?!cookoo talk about turn the other cheek, I woulda killed him, no, realy he would die.

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest that was my first reaction but I had to set a good example for my boy! Can't hav e him acting like me! Huge grin!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, but if you were him, then you'd have to arrest yourself. LOL That really would suck... having enemies like that. The general population is dangerous enough, without ill will being added to the mix. Well, that's quite a story of your trials and tribulations. Good stuff!

RedTruck

Reaction score
Good thread. Thanks for posting!

For the record, I'd leave that scar in the fender for character.

Paul

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post! I had a good laugh or two. The one where the wifey puts gas in your truck was a good one.

Thanks again,

Heath

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truly sucked! Although I drained it n stuck it in her ford exploder!! LOL Ran a little wierd for a few days but actually ran better after that for some reason! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.