Finally got alcoas mounted

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
After getting these from Gonecrazi they just sat in the garage for a while, it was to dang cold! Well its been nice for a few days so I went and cleaned them up. Cost $60 to get them all 4 mounted and balanced.

Just need some center caps, but Ive already found a source online.

You must be registered for see images attach

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont put the factory caps on, they fall off, I put my set up in the garage for whenever I get rid of the wheels. I see the caps all over the roads around here.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Looks great.....a good set of alcoas tend to make even ugly trucks stand out. I too like capless, but at the very least pull each tire off and paint the hubs gloss black.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, I think centers will really make it pop. I rarely see alcoas on trucks that still have the centers, so to me its the finishing touch...

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I'm getting my Alcoas ready to mount and haven't really thought about going capless. Does anyone know if shiny acorn nuts are made for these? And what is it with the factory caps that makes them come off? Anyone figure out a fix for that?

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I've got the inverse truck as you! Looks really good! I'm diggin' the truck and the rims. I've got two sets and a spare of alcoas :D One set for the ford and the other set is going on my dodge as soon as i install longer studs. Sorry to hijack, i'm just obsessed with these wheels. Looks great!

You must be registered for see images attach

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my Alcoas ready to mount and haven't really thought about going capless. Does anyone know if shiny acorn nuts are made for these? And what is it with the factory caps that makes them come off? Anyone figure out a fix for that?

I think what makes them come off is a combination of old age and careless folks removing/installing the caps. When I put the alcoas on my truck, I purchased 4 new caps directly from Ford (at like $60 ea.!). I've always removed and installed mine myself, taking care to line up the tabs when installing. I also put a little swipe of grease on the tabs to help them slide into place. Additionally, I try not to mess with them when it's cold and they're brittle. It's been 4 years or so, I rotate my tires every oil change, and my caps are still fine. You have to remember that even if you bought a set of wheels off a 1997 truck, the caps are at best 15 years old now if they're original caps. Many other parts wear out and get replaced, why not the caps too? If a little care is taken, they'll last a long time.

Ryan