exhuast manifold?

northerncrewcab

Reaction score
Some had told me that we can take the stock exhaust manifold off our trucks and flip them up side down or switch them side to side so that the exit from the manifold is pointing upwards and to the front. Is that true and if it is does anyone have a photo. It seems like it might be a an easy way to get plumbing to a turbo and still have lots of room for a down pipe. If it works it may look pretty cool.

Reaction score
I haven't done it, but they sure look like they'll fit no matter how you stick them on there.

Paul

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why the manifold won't bolt to the head upside-down. (assuming the outlet doesn't hit the head or the valve cover) That said, the manifold outlet will probably contact the firewall before you can get it lined up, and if the outlet itself doesn't, any pipe you hook to it almost certainly will. It's a tight fit in there on a truck, so I don't know if a BFH would solve it or if you would actually need to cut and re-do firewall parts.

OTOH, a setup like that would probably work very nicely on an E-series with the doghouse setup :)

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
They'll mount on there any which way, just have to see how it'll fit in your truck. As Warden said, i talk about it alot because i have a van. Not much room for anything....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online