exhaust

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
when my truck was n/a i used an exhaust off of a 96 powerstroke 3.5'' exhaust and it was not to noisy at all it had the stock straight through muffler on it
and after i got my turbo i went to straight pipes

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I have 4" from the cross member at the transmission all the way to just behind the rear wheel. Mine isn't too loud, but once I hit 2,800+ rpms, I can get a nice "rap" out of it. I thought about putting a glasspack on my truck that is 3' long x 4" in diameter, but decided maybe not the best idea with the turbo. The inside has a 2 1/2" hollow camber through the center with packing and baffles on the outter walls. I will most likely end up putting that glasspack on the other halfs truck because I had one just like it on my '88 F250 N/A 6.9 and it sounded sweet.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont run a muffler either it cancels the turbo wind even a straight through muffler does thats why i took mine off but it was a diamond eye it worked good to muffle it and make a deep tone

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
mine is a 3" down pipe cut off right under my seat at the moment and its liveable because of the turbo. i know what you mean though. just the ratlle of the idi makes it tough to hear the phone...i need new exhaust too including my cross over pipe.