circular base flange at end of exhaust?

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's fairly accurate.
You know who pollutes the most? Shipping boats and airplanes, by 30x as much as OTR trucks. But are we doing anything about those? Nope.
Great point and appreciate hearing this. When it comes to emissions and stuff though my brain just cannot compute all the considerations - to be fair I believe the Passenger Miles per Gallon (or emissions equivalent) of airplanes is often quite efficient compared to single passenger OTR transit.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
OTR transit BUS is more emissions friendly than an airplane. As for a tractor trailer, I think I remember reading once that it's still better, especially the later year systems with DEF, but I can't quite remember.
But then we got all these rich dumb butts with private jets, in my opinion those should be banned.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OTR transit BUS is more emissions friendly than an airplane. As for a tractor trailer, I think I remember reading once that it's still better, especially the later year systems with DEF, but I can't quite remember.
But then we got all these rich dumb butts with private jets, in my opinion those should be banned.
Problem with any emissions equipment on planes is… you can’t. Can’t add anything that compromises reliability, and that stuff is highly regulated by the FAA

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
And that's why there is talks about EV planes and hydrogen planes. I'm eager to see what the future holds, hydrogen sounds pretty neat.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's why there is talks about EV planes and hydrogen planes. I'm eager to see what the future holds, hydrogen sounds pretty neat.

I dont see this ev stuff to be viable, if lithium are going to be the focas of development. There too volatile for something that has no benifits, to out weigh its state and is a rare earth item of scarcity. With a ice engines, there is other subsitutes for fuel. For gas there is wood gas and diesel can run off the waist oil, thats common use in machinery. I think this ev push using lithium, is a mean to cripple are means of movement.

If were to go ev, there needs to be proper devlopment of a viable power storage that has a fast charge comparable to the refil of a ice engine. Flow cells are a path I see to get there and this one, is about about all I see in the persute of that path.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The tech has been around and has show good stability.

There has been develpment for it in home use but dose not seem it has got a lot of traction.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
One of the ev guys at work is working with engineers about using sodium batteries, so it's already in the works. Lithium batteries are definitely too dangerous in my opinion for planes. Yet we all keep them in our pocket.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see this ev stuff to be viable, if lithium are going to be the focas of development. There too volatile for something that has no benifits, to out weigh its state and is a rare earth item of scarcity. With a ice engines, there is other subsitutes for fuel. For gas there is wood gas and diesel can run off the waist oil, thats common use in machinery. I think this ev push using lithium, is a mean to cripple are means of movement.

If were to go ev, there needs to be proper devlopment of a viable power storage that has a fast charge comparable to the refil of a ice engine. Flow cells are a path I see to get there and this one, is about about all I see in the persute of that path.

The tech has been around and has show good stability.

There has been develpment for it in home use but dose not seem it has got a lot of traction.

One of the ev guys at work is working with engineers about using sodium batteries, so it's already in the works. Lithium batteries are definitely too dangerous in my opinion for planes. Yet we all keep them in our pocket.
I'm in support of an EMP and going horse and buggy. Oats and hay are sustainable and can make my garden grow after my horses intestines have processed them.

Now THATS a "circular flange exhaust" that stays cool.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Next thing you know we're going to put a centrifugal starter on our idi's and put a mechanical linkage kill switch on them. Who needs batteries anyways?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next thing you know we're going to put a centrifugal starter on our idi's and put a mechanical linkage kill switch on them. Who needs batteries anyways?
I already have a gravity starter on mine, all I need is the mechanical fuel shut off.

James

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in support of an EMP and going horse and buggy. Oats and hay are sustainable and can make my garden grow after my horses intestines have processed them.

Now THATS a "circular flange exhaust" that stays cool.

Id strap a small briggs to mine, rebuild the magnito and start a methanol still.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really you just need a good hill on your place to park at the top of when you get home. From cold, I think these trucks start better with a rolling start than with glow plugs or ether.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id strap a small briggs to mine, rebuild the magnito and start a methanol still.

The term Im looking for is pony motor but not finding the video that inspired the thought.

Hey, I prefer Briggs over Kohler myself too.

If the briggs has a carb, Im for and if not its the kohler Id take since stuck to carbs longer.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The term Im looking for is pony motor but not finding the video that inspired the thought.

If the briggs has a carb, Im for and if not its the kohler Id take since stuck to carbs longer.
I'm familiar with a pony motor. The '59 D6 I had was converted elec starter from a pony motor. I'd stick with a hill though. A a pair of draft horses to pull it back to the top if you don't get it the first time.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really you just need a good hill on your place to park at the top of when you get home. From cold, I think these trucks start better with a rolling start than with glow plugs or ether.
I think the gravity starter is a viable option. We will be driving around while their still trying to set up the still and pony motor. ;Poke

James