exhaust

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
when my truck was n/a i used an exhaust off of a 96 powerstroke 3.5'' exhaust and it was not to noisy at all it had the stock straight through muffler on it
and after i got my turbo i went to straight pipes

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I have 4" from the cross member at the transmission all the way to just behind the rear wheel. Mine isn't too loud, but once I hit 2,800+ rpms, I can get a nice "rap" out of it. I thought about putting a glasspack on my truck that is 3' long x 4" in diameter, but decided maybe not the best idea with the turbo. The inside has a 2 1/2" hollow camber through the center with packing and baffles on the outter walls. I will most likely end up putting that glasspack on the other halfs truck because I had one just like it on my '88 F250 N/A 6.9 and it sounded sweet.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont run a muffler either it cancels the turbo wind even a straight through muffler does thats why i took mine off but it was a diamond eye it worked good to muffle it and make a deep tone

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
mine is a 3" down pipe cut off right under my seat at the moment and its liveable because of the turbo. i know what you mean though. just the ratlle of the idi makes it tough to hear the phone...i need new exhaust too including my cross over pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online