exhaust install

dieselan250

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the advantages if any on a 5" system compared to a 4" system?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Performance wise, unless you are bumping 500 horse you dont need a 5" system. Some guys like the sound of a 5" system but on a performance level you can get just as many ponies through a 4" system. EGT's wont be much different between the two either. 5" systems are pretty much ego factors.

Welcome to OB, tell us what you drive and what you have done to it in the way of modifications or what you plan to do.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i had my 4" straight pipe comin out the side everyone said it was louder than when I put my stacks on, because I did 4" under the body and 5" in in the bed but I think I have a better tone with my stacks, it sounds deeper....at least thats what I think because i've never heard my exhaust outside of my truck

dieselan250

Reaction score
I drive an 03 7.3L auto. Planning to install 4" exhaust after reading what you guys suggested. Also will install pillow leaf spring helpers to help support my 7k fifth wheel.
A larger auto trans cooler is definetely a go. I currently have the pillar guages installed and an afe proguard 7 breathing system. I really like this sight. You guys are very helpful. I hope to contribute as I gain experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle