Excessive black smoke after oil pan sealant change

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, blew my engine, replaced it with a bus engine with 100k miles. I put it in and it ran great except I got oil on the ta-31 oil pan sealant before it setup so it leaked.
I had a mechanic pull the engine and flip it so the ta-31 sealant would setup properly.
Now the truck blows black smoke like a teenager. Truck has run a whole tank of fuel and I am still blowing a ton of smoke when I get into the throttle anymore than a 1/4 or so.
Any ideas?

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAP sensor hose connected properly from the spyder to the sensor?

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No loss of power like a boost leak just tons of black smoke

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 97 I've had black smoke issues in the past when the Map sensor line was compromised, as well as the o-ring at the spyder connection.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about the oribg and asked that that he pulled and inspected. I would normally do this myself but my truck is in Kentucky and I live in Louisiana. I'm hoping it's something simple like that.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just think about something. What is the best way to check for a boost leak? Ever since I got this engine it has felt a bit anemic and I thought it was due to the tune for the SD injectors. Maybe it's part of the black smoke issue like you said.