ether

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That block is dead. No amount of "welding" is going to "fix that"... No wonder what the pistons looked like. Remember all the pistons come up out of the block as much as 31 thousands. So every piston on that side of the block are also crushed... What a mess. The use of either is not going to make a either ****** of any engine. A very well known respected member here uses either to start his or her engine (I'm doing me best to protect the identy of this member) every time. I donated a set of ZD9 plugs but they have not been installed yet. Been a few years ago too....cookoo:dunno:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drugs used on engines are much like drugs used on people. You can probably get away with it "most" of the time. The exceptions we read about in the paper every day, and perhaps on here too. I don't use them on myself, or my trucks.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That video is of a block which probably got hit with ether and glow plugs and probably cranked over a bunch of times, it probably made one hell of a racket then died.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
used it for years on tractors with burnt out glow plugs with no ill results and they started fine once the glow plugs were replaced. Hell my dad has a 5020 allis chalmers that used ether every start for almost 5 or 6 years. recently the tractor had to be torn into and we addressed the plugs while we were in there. Starts every time now without ether.

key to using either is to use it sparingly and without the glow plugs hot to prevent precombustion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online