Emissions Testing

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my last emissions test on the truck in my signature.
It's generally a biennial requirement unless you fall under a few exceptions, mine being the over than 25 model years exemption.
They gave me the opacity results and I hit 1.2 units out of a passing score of under 20.0 units.
What are some of the requirements you guys have in your states?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have to do a safety test, no emissions. its only a one year sticker and its cheaper then the two year sticker for light cars and trucks.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No testing of any sort here. A VIN inspection if you bought the vehicle out of state.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No testing or inspection in oklahoma, so if you come here be careful. You might get run over by a wore out truck with bald tires and sloppy steering!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our trucks are exempt in ca. No emission or safety inspections.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No emmisions in BC

No yearly sqfety either...but as anywear u ca dinged when pulled over or if they have a blitz on were cars trucks and bikes are pulled over a d reviewed...some get towed some get VI ticket n some drive away...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No emmisions in BC

No yearly sqfety either...but as anywear u ca dinged when pulled over or if they have a blitz on were cars trucks and bikes are pulled over a d reviewed...some get towed some get VI ticket n some drive away...

What? Lol. Spell check will clean that up.

As already stated, California does not have emissions testing for our rigs...as of now. I'm thinking it will only be a matter of time before the state requires some sort of bogus smog test for these old diesels. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Annual test until 32 years old then every 5 years if you get collector plates and pay up front 5 years of registration. Your allowed 30% here in Denver.

You must be registered for see images attach

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I just did my last emissions test on the truck in my signature.
It's generally a biennial requirement unless you fall under a few exceptions, mine being the over than 25 model years exemption.
They gave me the opacity results and I hit 1.2 units out of a passing score of under 20.0 units.
What are some of the requirements you guys have in your states?

We have the same thing here in Ohio but its only in a few counties. I happen to live in one of the ones that does testing unfortunately.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
NJ, no inspection for 97 and older diesels. The only reason I have an IDI is to keep government involvement in my life to a minimum wherever possible.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
California smog testing on pre 1997 diesels is,
if you blow smoke on a prius for more than 10 seconds,
you can bet they will call the air research board.
YEP! i produce smog.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Brian I have received 3 paper tickets from the AQMD Board because some ****** saw me blowing some smoke. The first time I was still warming up and on the cold advance. Second time I took off from the SAME signal light and made a slight smoke. Third time I was just about 1/4 miles from the 1st & 2nd locations. Sad part is I did nothing wrong and some fool has been tracking me. AQMD will not tell me who it is either. This has happened for about 7 years now. The first ticket asked if I knew this was smoking. If I fixed it or if I junked my truck....:eek::flipa:flipa:flipa That ticket the 2nd and 3rd time was differently worded. They asked if I fixed it. did I drive a diesel.. Was it a cold engine warming up but.. Every one of these paper tickets mentioned the AQMD had no authority to issue a citation or take any action. So I shredded them all. Have not received any AQMD tickets in the mail for several years. I'm guessing the old lady that "claims" I smoke too much finally died or stroked out.....:thumbsup::angel:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 seconds is the rule... blow smoke for 9 and give em the bird on the 10th!

makes me wanna put a tuner on the 01 LOL

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are these paper tickets related to smoking you speak of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance