electric fp

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do I pm him sorry cant figure this out an got a push from a cop to my shop 4 blocks 1.5 miles wish I could have takin a video for you guys it was great

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just find his name on here and then click on it and it will give you a menu and an option to PM him

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hawaii is part of the US.............. or did you mean something else ;Really

I just pmed him he anwserd he is still around .

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep he's around. Wow that would suck to move there our trucks are to big for the road. Never move there on the wildest of days for many other reason worst vacation spot ever. It was kinda cool but I've been better places.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before installing the electric FP after you receive it look at this Tech Article

Although it mentions the Facet electric fuel pump the Facet electric fuel pump is exactly the same with one slight difference, the sticker on the pump itself. Also make sure to get the plug mentioned in the article for the wiring. It makes for an easy removal of the pump if needed or to quickly disconnect the wiring to the pump if needed. I recently installed this pump on my truck with a members help from here and since I could not find a hot wire that comes on with the ignition with a full 12volts other than the solenoid wire to the IP I opted for hooking up the pump directly to the cold side of the battery switch.

This method has it's advantages as the pump is on even before the ignition is on. It also has it's disadvantages as my pump will remain on as long as the battery switch is on. Let's say I was at a drive in theater (There are still a few in the US) and they had the FM system that requires you to use your radio to hear the audio of the movie, by having the battery switch on which is required to run anything in my truck the fuel pump would remain on the whole time. By having the plug I can just lift the hood and disconnect the plug from the fuel pump. This would allow me to hear the movie without the pump running the whole time.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Hawaii is part of the US.............. or did you mean something else ;Really

I just pmed him he anwserd he is still around .

I know where Hawaii is... :D

I didn't know if he was still on the forum after making the move, or if he was still supplying pumps.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What you guys can do in a pinch is install a Holley Red or some of the pumps that look the same but are not a Holley Red. Ebay is full of them. It will get you home. Having a spare behind or under the seat is good insurance on a road trip... Kinda like a spare tire is good insurance on any road trip. I don't think any of us would actually start a road trip on bad tires and a worse spare...:sly

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've been running teh Facet Dura Lift( I.E. Carrier ) pump longer than anyone , it's been on there almost as long as I've had teh truck now, and it's never given me a lick of trouble, but it does make sense to have backup for long trips, thats why before taking off cross country with the 5er a couple years ago, I bought a second one and plumbed them in to where each tank has it's own pump now so the system is completely redundant and switchable, so when I switch tanks, I switch pumps, and heaven forbid, a pump ever fails out on the road, I'll just use teh other tank ;Sweet

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? I'm still supplying the pumps, I'm just enjoying working on Maui now. Couldn't say no to the offer they gave me to transfer out here. Wish I could have brought my dually here, but there aren't enough wider roads to make it a good idea. So it's sitting in my folks driveway in Nevada. Not sure if I want to sell it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance