E4od users

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got gifted one out of a power stroke. Do I want to use the Idi TCM or a stand alone. Going in the dually. Need lock up.
Thanks i n advance. Russ

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No experience, but I see a ton of people prefer adjustability of standalone. Can fine tune it for your needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When looking at swapping to an e4od from my c6, the stand alone was the way to go. Gives you a lot more control plus flexibility of sensor inputs. Pretty sure the stand alone also gets rid of the issues like the tq converter not locking up when a brake light is out, or if you use LEDs etc etc.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres a selector under the throttle body that you can switch it to non computer'd specs. you just need to hook it up to your vacuum pump ;Sweet

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Go with a standalone controller. Much easier to install, TPS, RPM and VSS signal is all you need.
Best part you can tune it to do what you want.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there was one in the marketplace and I missed it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I agree with the stand alone being the better unit. Bauman makes a nice one too but I'm not an expert on them or any others. Might call Brian at BTS and ask questions too.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
My Bauman/US Shift Quick 1 has my E4OD shifting tolerable now. I was never happy with Ford stock programming. If I was buying new I'd go with their Quick 4 as it has even more options. I picked this Quick 1 up used in the marketplace a few months ago. It has the option of having 2 saved shift programs. I'm using #1 as the empty/non-hauling program and am setting up #2 as a towing one.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, its confidential.
I could tell ya, but........ LOL
just glad this thing is out of my yard :D