Dual racor filters

Ethan Smith

Reaction score
Howdy everybody, hope the trucks are running good. I got a question i wanted to be sure about, figured id ask before doing. I bought a new racor 220 for my f350, and it turns out she dont need it due to her getting tore down soon anyhow. So i got to thinking of putting it inline after my racor 10 micron filter in my f250, its a 6 micron i believe, and would go into the stock 6.9 filter on the block. Now my question is its got a decent flow rate, i believe its 30 to 45 gallons a minute? Is this going to overwork the pump having three in line filters? Ive been thinking of putting in an electrical pump anyhow, but heck am i even just crazy to do three? I mean i spent the money on it and its just sitting, figured id put it to use.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yeah I would install an electric pump on the frame rail near the tank, and push thru whatever filter setup that you install. Shouldn't overwork a pump. Just don't use a Mr gasket pump or whatever "el cheapo" pump is on the bargain bin shelf at the parts store

I have a couple Racor 220's in service and they haven't given me any grief. I'm also partial to the Carter 4070 electric pumps, mounted near the tank....with an inline see thru filter up stream of them to keep the rocks and the trees out of the pump. There are better and stronger pumps out there, but the 4070 is tried and true and is just plain reliable and easy to change out if needed

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Keep in mind, most water separating filters don't like being pushed through, work better on the suction side.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Dont push only pull. One of mine ruptured and clogged the fuel filter after it pushing fuel. Not fun.