Drivetrain

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I'm still getting a vibration in my truck. It seems like its somewhere behind the motor. I can get a vibration when it shifts, it dont happen every time. I checked all my u joints and they all feel tight. My carrier bearing is less than a year old but kind of suspect it, it wiggles around a little in the rubber.

Another issue im having is my steering feels a little sloppy, I have plenty of play in the wheel, it isnt coming from the steering gear though. Where else could it be?

Another is that when driving at highway speed it feels like im being blown all over the damn road, even if there is no wind. Feels like the fear end of my truck sways back and forth. Any ideas guys/\?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
for the rear end swaying:
might want to check the rear spring hangers/mounts along with the axle to leafs ping u-bolts to make sure they are tight. don't want any rear-steer going on.

i am having the same thing for the steering. i know my tie rods are shot. when i turn the wheel, the tires respond just fine. the steering is just loose.

pretty sure carrier bearing should have ZERO play.

i know in my dad's crown vic it gets a nasty vibe while the torque converter locks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk