Driveline vibration mystery

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I posted a thread in the PSD forum, since this issue is with one of my PSD's. It is still an OBS, so I was hoping some of the IDI guys might have some idea what is going on..

The thread is posted HERE

JPdrvinmylfawy

Reaction score
I would put rear on jack stands and run it up to speed and see if it still shakes and maybe find a helping hand and look and see if you can tell where its comming from before you go throwing parts at it

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for balancing you drive shaft. I had a vibration for awhile till finally I pulled my driveshaft and had it balanced. Problem solved.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Like i said over in that forum, have the tires checked for balance again even if you think they may not need it, it dont cost much i have had some tires that just barley be out of balance and it shake so bad you want to burn the truck, then i have had some that dont have any balance to them at all and the ride smooth, just check them, if they check out move to the driveshaft look it over see if there is a weight missing, grease all the u-joints, if all that checks out move on to checking the brakes make sure none are sticking and make sure everything is working correctly, check the rotors, a vibration issue can only be so many things

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726