Dilemma

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I really want to turbo my truck but a) can't find any IDIs at any wreckers in my area B) haven't seen any good deals locally except for the one that the guy stood me up for and I now see has ripped off someone else for$400.
So my second though is that I just found a 96 F350 ext cab dually w/powerstroke. 390000kms for $500-$1000. Has a rebuilt tranny. The truck is pretty much useless to me other than the motor and the rear end.

So my question is, is it worth it to do the swap or should I keep hunting for a turbo set-up?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
if you want to be a trail blazer i have an interesting setup that no one has ever tried before. It is a rajay setup that i have laying around here. I burnt the bearings on the turbo because the oil lines messed up. I will try to find the pics that i have on here.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no other comments other than that is 1 helluva nice truck

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. There is more in the "proud of the old girl" thread. I love the truck but I hate when people ask me if it's a gasser. Out back it sounds like one :(

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a really weird setup, I don't understand how that manifold works. Did you ever get it up and running?

Ohhh wait no I think I see it. The one side manifold runs to the other and then the turbo bolts to the other manifold and then the downpipe from there. Your pics threw me off and I thought there was two manifolds that looked the same as eachother. You keep one of the existing manifolds clearly. Private message me a price. It's a T3 flange I would say, eh?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. There is more in the "proud of the old girl" thread. I love the truck but I hate when people ask me if it's a gasser. Out back it sounds like one :(

you must have the same 4" straight pipe exhaust i do:D

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do...it has a garbage can sized magnaflow in it though haha. Like dont' get me wrong, it sounds cool but doesn't sound how I want it to. ^^truck looks good dude got it ridin buck or does it just look like it?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 96 PSD, why is it so cheap? OK---KM to Miles = 242,000 To do a swap, means a lot of work. All the wiring harness's, computer "ECM" , tranny control is different, Gem module, VSS, exhaust, radiator, etc. Never did a swap like that, just thinking that all of the above has to be done from an IDI to a PSD. Your call. Thats a lot of miles, might be ready for a lot of fixin.

Nice looking truck you got there. Think I'd go turbo.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
riding buck? if you are talking about the sag in the rear, the trailer is hooked up and the idi on it is WAY forward on the trailer. it isn't as bad as it looks though.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think what you see is the ground not being as level as it looks. rear driver tire is a lot higher than rear pass.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the drivers side manifold gets replaced with the one in the pics and you have a crossover pipe that comes from the pass to that manifold and the turbo bolts onto the flange. It is a t4 flange but i was actually planning on cutting that off and welding a t3 flange and bolting a holset h1c on top of it but that has gotten put off for so long i dont think i will ever make time for it. I got it up and going for a matter of about 10 miles and then the bearings locked up.

anyways pm sent