Diesel Rip Offs

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We bought 3 sets of injectors from Diesel Care (2 6.9 sets and one 7.3 G code trubo) and sent 2 turbo ones back because they werent running right. And none of them were original G code injectors. My mom cussed the little **** out and told him he wouldnt be seing her orignal G code injectors.
I put my set in my red truck, 6.9, and it hasnt ran right since.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, MWFI seems to be a very stand up kind of place to buy stuff. I got several things from them, but the first was a return line kit, they actually spent time on the phone getting me the right part, even though it was not a major sale. Kind of place that makes you want to come back, I know I have!

nicksorenson

Reaction score
Is the IDI injection pump rebuildable by the avg DIYer?

I've heard my MB's Bosch inline pumps are not. They have to be calibrated on a bench with 100k or so worth of equipment. What about the rotary stanadynes?

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Did not buy anything,Mr. Williams would never return my call!!Called 4 times left messages and phone #, 5th time the girl asked if i wanted to leave a message and i told her very nicely that i would not be needing to leave a 5th message if 4 did not work i doubt 5 would either.I will give my business to another company!!! then i here this,boy i'm glad he did not call me back;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No, you can't rebuild the Stanadyne pump. The testing and calibration equiptment is very expensive. You can do some work on them but not much. The tolerances inside are closer than about 1/2 of a thousands. Thats close.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I just get lucky when I bought my NIB delphi injectors from them this summer b/c they shipped promptly & arived in good condition in about 7 days like normal with UPS. Plus the rebuilt pump from autozone I installed at the same time is so far working fine cost less than $300

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought an injector pump from diesel care for a 6.2 chevy diesel, start it up and wide open it went, the spring wasnt even hooked up inside so i sent it back and they just gave me core credit, after the fourth time calling them and telling them that it was a return cause it was bad that they finnally gave me my money back, but no money on labor and tried saying it was the tech that screwed it up during the install, wow must be nice to have a business like that

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gees... It sure seems like its the same old story from this williams guy. "the installer screwed it up... Not us".... That story is getting old...

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Yeah, I just love it when 'ya got warrenty on something, especially when it's 1500-2000mi away.
You give a call, get ahold of main guy that's really the guy-in-the-know, start getting run-round, he suddenly needs to talk to someone else....can 'ya call back tomorrow???
Tomorrow....well he talked to the guy that REALLY did the work & HE said that your installer did......or didn't......
Ya argue, well call back tomorrow..."I'll do some cking...."
Call tomorrow & "well the guy you need to talk to is on 2 day off with sick kid" then as days go by 2days turn into long vacation....
Then in a few short days when 'ya call you get "do what, I can't hear you, bad phone connection....bang, bang, rattle, buzzzz"

And then folks wonder why OLD DEVILS like me get kinda nasty by 2-3rd phone call or by 2nd day....
Get really snotty & foul by 4th call & 3rd day-cuss -cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would probably be easier to start a list of places that are NOT worthy of Oil Burner status. Click Here

Make sure you guys click the link in the quote, and at least copy and paste your bad experience post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online