Diesel Rear Interchangable?

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 1986 F350 and a 1985 F250 Duallie. Are the rears interchangle from a duallie to a single wheeled? I wanna make the duallie a single wheel by taking off the dual tires and just put single wheels on it. I didnt know if the leaf spring mounts were not as wide or make the axle length was different and the wheels would stick out? Wasn't sure if I had to swap the whole rear.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dually pickup rear will interchange. A dually chassis cab rear will not interchange.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an F250 dually, someone has already monkeyed with it, so who knows what rear it actually is.
Travis..

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dual rear end in a regular pickup is four inches face to face than a single tire rear is. The cab and chassis dual rear end is the same width as a normal single tire rear end. To make a regular pickup into a dually you must use a rear end originally in a dually pickup. The F250 you have might just have spacers which would just unbolt and go that way. It would be hard to tell for sure unless I saw what you had to tell you which it is.