Diego Revisited

Mishka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I filled the cooling system up with Rotella Nitrate Free ELC and I tossed on a grille blanket/screen set.

You must be registered for see images attach

Today I finally replaced the crappy wiper motor with a used one I had here. I was going to replace the wiper arms, but the used ones I have are a little loose, the ones on the truck are still nice and tight!
What temperature is the blanket needed? I'm in kentucky and it barely ever goes below 5f

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What temperature is the blanket needed? I'm in kentucky and it barely ever goes below 5f

I haven't NEEDED it at all except when my thermostat went out on the other truck. It's just nice to have heat come in a little bit earlier.

Truck starts at least down to zero and heater always works for me once it gets warmed up. It just takes a little bit longer without the blanket.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yep. Time to replace them then. If I stayed in town all the time and only got up to 40MPH or so, I would run tires until they rotted away. Since I mostly drive a highway speeds, I don't take those chances anymore. I've also found that I have fewer tire flats after I stopped trying to run used tires all the time.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Time to replace them then. If I stayed in town all the time and only got up to 40MPH or so, I would run tires until they rotted away. Since I mostly drive a highway speeds, I don't take those chances anymore. I've also found that I have fewer tire flats after I stopped trying to run used tires all the time.

Yeah I have to go out of state next Saturday with a trailer so it was definitely time! Normally would take the other truck but I can't afford a clutch right now since I'm not driving that truck in the winter. This was the better choice.

I ran them because that's what I had, but always in the back of my mind was they could grenade at any time.

I've had that happen before and I was honestly really worried about it. DEFINITELY a lot of peace of mind with new tires.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For whatever opinions on tires are worth, I’ve had really good experience with the Cooper AT3’s. I think you’ll be happy with them.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the same Yokahama GO15 tires that are on the front of the Blue Truck so I ordered a pair of Yokahama GO56's like I'm putting on the Ex Wife to go on the rear of the Blue Truck. I HAVE to get the crappy Iron Man tires off of the back of it before they wear out. Right now, they still look decent and will become trailer tires. I really can't believe the differences in tread wear between the two brands. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the GO15's soon and then I can put the GO56's onto the Ex Wife. I'll run the mismatched tread patterns and it won't bother me a bit. Either way, off with the crappy tires and on with the better ones.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For whatever opinions on tires are worth, I’ve had really good experience with the Cooper AT3’s. I think you’ll be happy with them.

I've done lots of looking, and I've had good luck with coopers in the past. I needed a decent AT for the snow with this 2wd beast. These have a 65,000 treadwear warranty and free rotations at my local shop when you buy 4. They finally came on sale so I jumped.

Honestly I wanted 265/75 (partly because they were white letter) but they were $100 more for the set so I just kept the 235/85s.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on fog light buckets for the bumper today. Not sure how I feel about them yet. I think I'm going to clean them up and paint them before I decide. If I change my mind I can just put the fog lights elsewhere instead of inside the bumper channel.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
800 miles last Saturday with a trailer, then 40 miles each day to work and back this week.

I don't know why I bothered to change them. They look fine!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have welded that cap on, and gotten another 300k out of it!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say it was about time.

I'd say I'm lucky they didn't remove themselves! It looks like it was getting close. I was babying it this week since Monday when I discovered they were bad.

No issues at all on the long trip Saturday. Drove it Monday and noticed the bad vibration.

I changed the carrier bearing too while I was in there.