Develop a knock

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I was driving and hear a knock. It's been months since I drove it I was thinking it's a diesel knock. Today I loosen number 8 nose went away so I'm thinking injector is bad. Just trying to confirm theory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get new injectors would like to upgrade just put them injectors in 3 or 4 years ago. I don't drive her that much just when I need to.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are bwd I do believe I worked at a place got a good deal on them. They only came with a one year warranty.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I got them I wasn't making as much now. Still have to save up change all 8 with r&d injectors. If I can get away with one injector for now till next month that would be nice.

She sit more than I drive her. I'm usually driving my dakota cheap on fuel I spend 20 buck every three days vs 30 bucks every two .

Blow a head gasket on the dakota.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i got lucky with just changing one from a parts store. i cross threaded the line. you can get one from a parts store for 30 bucks or so to get you by till you can afford new ones. also check the marketplace here, sometimes used injectors are for sale there.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not big on used parts my client's on the other had are all about used. I tell them I don't warranty labor on used parts.

Has any one run the r&d injectors stage one.

Just put a turbo on my 6 months ago or so I figured if I'm going to spend close to 320 dollars on them just go get the upgrade one for a little bit more.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well replace the injector in question not it sounds bad. I got to have a low end knock or pistion slap. Looks like I'm going to rebuild it here soon.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The motor had over 300 k right know just didn't want to rebuild

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cut your oil filter open and see what kind of metal if any is in it, that'll at least tell you what has come apart

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the last one had nothing metal in it. I'm going to pull the one that's that's on it tomorrow. I really don't want to pull this motor really don't gave the money to drop in it. Only good thing is that I'll be able to fix the oil pan leak it's small be don't like to mark my territory like that.

Oh this truck runs great lots of power still in the motor.

I know a basic rebuild is 2000 but I would buy a better cam. Ceramic pistions ect.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um... you've only got an injector problem here. Why are you worrying about everything else?

Just get a set of R&D injectors; for stock use, get the regular injectors. For turbo/performance use, stage ones.

While they will both work, I kind of get the feeling that you'll get slightly less power out of the stage 1's NA, due to their 'coarser' spray pattern... at least until the pre-cups get hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726