DB offset starter review

IH-GM IDI

Reaction score
I know, another starter thread.

I recently replaced the Mitsubishi style starter on our 94 IDIT with the DB denso offset style starter and I have to say it is a massive improvement, think cranks so fast that it doesn't take much more than a split second to light off (at least down to 20F without the block heater plugged in). And only needing 2.5KW to do it.
I have to say that for the price I am impressed

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So far, I've been happy with them. Their parts may not last as long as others (such as Powermaster), but if you're short on cash and need a part, then I think they're a good place to go to.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I've had good luck with DB.
Called them last Dec about & ordered a Hydraulic Dump trailer motor & they fast shipped the correct one cheap.
They made good on an IDI starter I ordered from them on EBay about 4-5 yr ago too.

PossumTruck

Reaction score
+1
I replaced an old Mitsubishi with a DB NipponDenso last year, and was blown away with the difference. Of course, its possible that a NEW mitsubishi would perform the same. I've never had experience with a new Mitsu starter in one of these trucks - All I know is that, thus far, the DB starter has been reliable and fast.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have run 4 over the past 6 years or so, on different trucks. All have been great except one failed within a few months. Maybe 100 starts. No excessive cranking or any form of abuse. But aside from that one, no problems. Knock on wood.