DANA 60 SWAP.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I need to know if you want me to look into the TC or not? as I said 150 and I gotta pull it...and its a bear...or 200 and its pulled at a wrecker....yer choice doesnt matter to me....

Let me know you can get a figure what the shipping will be if you calculate at about 125#'s from Postal Code V0H1V0

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's my front springs, 4" F350 lift blocks and $10 fleabay shackles. I'll get back to you on the TC as soon as I know about the other one. Honestly, I can't seen 125lbs shipping from BC being economical for my wallet.:rolleyes: What size rear u-bolts are on your trucks??? Mine are 9/16" thick stock, the ones they made me are 1/2" - my bad as I screwed up when I wrote it down.:***: :idiot: -Playme

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Not sure, never really looked at it. Are you thinking the nub on the bottom is too big for the hole in the axle or something? No worries, many grinders in the shop...LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's my front springs, 4" F350 lift blocks and $10 fleabay shackles. I'll get back to you on the TC as soon as I know about the other one. Honestly, I can't seen 125lbs shipping from BC being economical for my wallet.:rolleyes: What size rear u-bolts are on your trucks??? Mine are 9/16" thick stock, the ones they made me are 1/2" - my bad as I screwed up when I wrote it down.:***: :idiot: -Playme

Hey, I can always take out the gears, and ship the case and gears separately then they can be shipped via the bus! I'll try to get a weight on the case and gears together, as long as it's under 100lbs the bus will take it! other than that it has to be truck freight and I do not know anyone going East sorry.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Got my t-case today....All there except for one yoke. It's had a repair to the case in the past - found that when I steamed it off. I'm going to pull it apart this week to check out the bearings and etc. Is this an NP205 or not? Almost looks like their is a Dana logo cast into the main case....Diamond with a big "D" in it:dunno My 3.54 gears will be here Tuesday morning - the seller called me today after he shipped them.;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well from what I see thats a 205 I cannot remember what my old Dana 24 divorce mount box looked like to compare but it was a two speed unit that took tons of abuse.

As for a yoke, you should be able to find one. Not so sure bout that mark that looks like a solder job though...hmmmm

Well good luck with that swap..

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yup, looks like silver solder to me....If it doesn't leak then it will be ok....I can have it repaired better if needed....I doubt it will be an issue. My time in 4wd is very small, mostly just in snow and hauling firewood out of the bush...I found a NP part number for the missing yoke - trying to find it locally first.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I pulled the D60 carrier out yesterday to remove the 4.10 gears, to my surprise there wasn't any carrier bearing shims in it at all.:dunno Is this normal for a D60. I'm used to Ford 8.8's and 9" diffs. Didn't take much to get it out, just 2 prybars and it came out pretty easy.;Sweet

suv7734

Reaction score
Correct. I always install new carrier bearings so I also have a set that are modified to do those diffs. They have the ID of the cone honed out so it is no longer a press fit on the carrier. Just slide on the shims, slide the bearing on and set it in to measure backlash/set contact pattern. To adjust, just pop it back out and slide the bearing off without a press or puller. Then when you get the shims right just slide the bearings off and press on the new ones. (I know they're here somewhere LOL) I can't remember if you have the 3.55s yet or not. If you do how close are the pinion depth numbers?

Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'll pop it back in the way it is and go from there....Backyard style but it's worked for me in the past. I might have to find a shim kit otherwise and shops around here are useless when it comes to that kinda stuff.