DANA 60 SWAP.

suv7734

Reaction score
In most cases it is just a matter of sliding some of the shims off one end and putting them on the other. Well worth the trouble when you see how fast a gearset will eat itself, especially a used one that has already 'worn in'.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I set the new gears in the D60 tonight, the "jelly bean" is right where it was when these gears were in the previous axle so that's cool, I need to bring home some tools from work to check the backlash and pinion preload but I think everything is going to be in spec...."feels" right to me....cookoo ;Sweet ....He actually sent me a carrier with the gears on it...LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just a little update for those interested in this thread, I have everything I need now. Picked up for KYB shocks, rear u-bolts and front brake hoses today. I'm in the process of putting the D60 together now. If it doesn't get installed this weekend then at the very least I'll be notching the frame for the shackle hangers and getting the front end done...Pic's to come.;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A good read it is.....Can't wait to see this thing out of my garage and under my truck...LOL....500lbs of steel in my way. Lots of work to do once it's in as I have to make a sling for the 205 and fit some driveshafts and shifter linkage...This is my daily driver, can't lay it up.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The D60 swap is a go for tommorow morning, the wifey doesn't have to work after all. :D I turned the in-floor heat on in my shop today for the winter. Pic's to come.;Sweet

Does anyone know if the castle nuts from the 2wd tie rod ends will fit the D60 tie-rod ends? I need a new one and couldn't find one today.