D60 tie rod part numbers?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone know part numbers for all the tie rods for a D60? Mine is an '86 king pin axle if that makes a difference. I believe the sleeves are both ES2012S. DS1068 for the long part of the drag link. DS1071 for the long tie rod attaching at passenger knuckle with the drag link bolting to it near pass knuckle.

I'm confused on the short tie rod ends at the steering box and the drivers side knuckle. Are these the same part? I'm seeing at least 3 different part numbers and some variation of standard and metric thread. ES3009R I think is right for one of them (both? Says outer in some listings) but I also see ES2392L (outer?) and ES2615R (at pitman arm?). I've replaced several of these but always spaced out far enough that I go through this same fiasco every time. Parts jockeys are useless and just order one unstocked part at a time until a week later you'll be lucky to have everything you need.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Take a look at your truck. On my 93 it had 3 part numbers for 4 tie rods. 2 of them were the same , left outer and right inner IIRC. All my sleeves were the same part number

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the D60 link in my signature. All of the part numbers are listed there.

Edit: Mine is ball joint, not sure if there is any difference in your older axle.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
OK, looks like both short tie rods (at steering box and at knuckle) are the same. The other part numbers are probably superseded for metric threads or whatever that nonsense was, or coming up incorrect from a TTB setup. $116.78 out the door at PepBoys for all 4 tie rods and two sleeves. Rebadged stuff, unsure who makes it but I'll give it a shot.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Got these in over the weekend, aligned and the rest buttoned up. One tie rod wouldn't take grease. After a drive to work adn home today still won't take grease. Zerk is not stuck. That's what I get for buying cheap parts? Should be covered under warranty I guess, but leaving tomorrow night for vaca and no time to deal with it. Will try to get it replaced when I return. Should hold up for a couple thousand miles at least. Any tricks I can try though?