Cylinder Head Pre-Cups

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so 7.3 pre cups are discontinued from international and the part number for ford is obsolete. Ive been reading all about the 6.5 detroit pre cups. can we use them in these heads. has anyone figured it out yet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope. Nobody has tried the fit yet. I find it hard to believe neither Ford or International will stock or sell these cups. Might want to check other places. surely a head rebuilder can still get them because new 7.3 heads are available. I dought they have used cups in them.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have searched everywhere no one has them nor can get they get em. idk and im screwed without them my are toasted probably the worst anyones seen. in my area there is one set of good heads for sale 2 hours out and he wants way too much for them do you have dimensions on the 6.5 cups

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try calling alabama cylinder heads or dieselcast welding. Both have the new offshore heads available so they must know where to find the cups. These cups can be run with cracks in them just as long as the cracks are not running into the fire ring circle of the combustion chambers. Many other head supply and rebuilders must be able to source these cups.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alabama cylinder head is out of business. called dieselcast welding they have a set on the shelf $12 each plus ship. Thanks Man well order them up asap.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. For $12.00 each I'm tempted to buy that set. Last I heard they were well past $70.00 each at the dealer. They are a speciality material called Inconel. Its a very high grade stainless steel thats heat and errosion resistant. I was a tig welder using that stuff to repair steam turbines. Very hard to machine too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online