Cup holders

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The rest of the story is that his wife was a true blonde. She broke the driver's side twice from trying to shove a 64 oz. cup into it. After that, he quit replacing it. Boy was she unhappy with him!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that in both of @chillman88 s threads about his trucks that the obvious subject of cupholders is NOT being confronted? I mean, the frame looks great but won't a coffee spill mess up the galvanized? And then there's the Amazon console that @Nero was considering, what become of that? We need console-ation!

Well my goal was to avoid revealing the shortcomings of you peasants but that can't be avoided now can it? BOTH my trucks have cupholders! Bwahahaha!

You must be registered for see images attach

Please forgive the mess. They're both well overdue for a cleaning!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those cup holders built into the center consoles work pretty well as long as you're going straight down the road. Hit a turn, bump, or pull into or out of a driveway and you may be wearing the drink. I've learned to hold the drink with my right hand until I'm out on the road and driving straight.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, let's not forget the "cup holder" thread. I wanted to mention in the battery thread that the top of those antique batteries looked clean enough to set a cup of coffee on........ and maybe a sausage biscuit.......but I didn't want to mess up the continuity of the thread. I just don't think we're done with cup holders!!!

Do you ever have a beverage in your truck? Until that ends, no, we are not done with cup holders.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because my batteries are 14 years old doesn't mean I've had a cup of coffee or two on them before while working on the ol' gal

This is cup holder related. I promise.

In the car with the video of the cup holders in action lies a 7 year old battery. It is actually the consumer battery. Starting battery is less than a year old.

Anyway, every "Knowledgeable" :rolleyes: Merc guy I know of swears you cannot run a consumer battery over 4 years in these cars without a nuclear meltdown occurring.

I just don't mention that in conversation anymore. Not worth the condescending BS that follows.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
My first third Gen camaro had one of these installed just by your right knee off the trans tunnel. Worked good. I bought it that way.
https://a.co/d/5kYRlZ0

Man I miss that car.
Funny you react to this, this morning... I got a letter in the mail that my second third Gen camaro is currently sitting in a tow yard in Tacoma, WA, that I sold back in 2017. Apparently the guy never transferred the title.
Anyone want a free car in unknown condition? Just gotta pay the tow fees.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you react to this, this morning... I got a letter in the mail that my second third Gen camaro is currently sitting in a tow yard in Tacoma, WA, that I sold back in 2017. Apparently the guy never transferred the title.
Anyone want a free car in unknown condition? Just gotta pay the tow fees.
That's rediculous!

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19' Titan XD has 14 cup holders inside.

2 in each of the 4 doors.

2 in the front and 2 in the back of the center console.

And 2 in the fold down thingy in the rear seat.

These guys weren't cussing around.

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19' Titan XD has 14 cup holders inside.

2 in each of the 4 doors.

2 in the front and 2 in the back of the center console.

And 2 in the fold down thingy in the rear seat.

These guys weren't cussing around.
I had a 79 Lincoln mark V that had 4 cigarette lighters! It was a 2 door car!