cl finds

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
really sucks that I live in the ******** of the world, or that turbo would be gone!!!

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
still better than nothing, plus you don't have to worry about overboosting an IDI that way

my opinion on it

anyone around there willing to take a look at it for me and see if the turbo is in good shape?

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't run off of one bank of cylinders, you run a crossover between the manifolds so they both feed the turbo, same as on a 6.5. Not the greatest setup ever, but it does work.

comotionman

Reaction score
on this setup it has what looks like the outlet on a normal exhaust manifold, although you cannot see it in the pics. that is where the crossover connects, the exhaust from both heads must flow through the turbo manifold. pretty poor design, very choked. that design was typical on 70's and early 80's style gasser turbo kits.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Greenlighting... Look down thru the manifold. You will see the crossover area. They didn't work too well. Towcat told me about them when I found a really worn out one in a wrecking yard. It was complete but so worn out it was junk.

Dave Sponaugle

Reaction score
That is a Rajay turbo setup, and if you look in the bottom picture you can see the hole for the missing cross over pipe down through the manifold turbo mount.

Someone had one on the other site, never did get much boost out of it.
But I think he was having problems with exhaust leaks.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I see said the blind man. It looks to be more in the middle of the manifold? Kind of a light spot inside it. I'll correct my post. :hail

bigguy22

bigguy22
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents if you had two of those manifolds would be a good start for a twin set up. I'd like to try someday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online