Check this out!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SCORE!

As ol' man Parker (Ralphie's dad) would say about this time of year....

It's a major award!

Nice find. ;Sweet

Gets me to thinking about going manual with the Excursion again.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's very nice.........the price is fair as well.

Adding the link to my bookmarks.;Sweet

Heath

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Gets me to thinking about going manual with the Excursion again.

Mel,

I have an 03 Ex with the 6.0 and the Torkshift 5 speed auto. I don't remember seeing it discussed, but could you swap out the 4r100 in your Ex with a Torkshift. I can"t compain about the performance of that transmission for an auto and towing, the tow/haul mode rocks.... it is not an OD lockout like the E4OD and 4R100. (Still not Trav's goat truck pulling power)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to claim ignorance to most of the E4OD family. The 4R100 in the Moosewagon is the only "modern" automatic I own, and I hate it. I know I could chip it, or do the manual lock up mod and I'd probably hate it less. Bad enough a computer has to make it spin round'. I'd just as soon decide what gear I'm in. The C6 is a different matter all together. It just works! Can't fly like the wind, but I've got no complaints otherwise. I miss the clutch pedal in a big truck.

dieselman29200

Pa. Oil Burner
Reaction score
Wonder how hard it would be to find a good used nv4500? Where would be a good place to start looking? I like the convinence of ordering all the required parts including a new transmission, but I dont have that kind of coin laying around. Besides, my truck doesnt have that many "new" parts on it anyway.