Changing Injectors -

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
Have ordered a new set of injectors along with the install kit - should be here by Thursday. Any tips or anything I need to know before I get started on this? Truck is a 94 with 236K on it - original injectors and all.

Thanks,

Ron

jvencius

Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Have ordered a new set of injectors along with the install kit - should be here by Thursday. Any tips or anything I need to know before I get started on this? Truck is a 94 with 236K on it - original injectors and all.

Thanks,

Ron

POKE HERE

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are somethin'. Why are you typing it all out and sending him to other sites, when we have a complete article (the right one, not one for a power stroke) right at the mast head of this forum under the IDI Tech Articles? PAY ATTENTION. :draw

C L I C K H E R E

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jv-
nice article, but that was for darkside tech. Besides, the "mechanic" is the last pic couldn't really be the one actually doing the work. He doesn't even have a spot of oil or grease on him. cookoo

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys ;Sweet

Should go pretty easy it looks like - and Mel . . . excellent write up :thumbsup:

Hoping for great results with this all. Currently she looks like a rolling fog bank.

Ron

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I suggest doing the injectors one side at a time and start it between sides, provided you don't pull the pump. It makes it a heck of alot easier to bleed the system. Mind you, when I changed the pump on my 6.9, it didn't take very much cranking to bleed the system, and I have a stock mechanical lift pump.