CDR/ Turbo installation

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
So I am having an emotional breakdown about drilling a hole into my driver's side valve cover as I install my Hypermax turbo cookoo cookoo. I'm thinking about running the CDR into the IP cover, does anyone have a recent picture of this mod I can look at ??? Ordering a part from banks could take a while for shipping here into Canada, I'm thinking I would save the original cover plate and make up a complete and modified cover. OR how about making up adaptor / fitting that would allow me to vent into the oil filler cap ????? THANKS for your feedback.............

Black dawg

Reaction score
I used a piece of pipe as a spacer with the original cover and a fitting tapped into the pipe.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the little 2 bolt cover off of the ip gear cover and traced it onto a piece of 1/8" plate steel and then cut another one out. I then drilled the 2 bolt holes and another 1 " hole in the center, and welded a 90 elbow that you can get at any hardware store, to the plate (over the hole) and pointed it at about the 2 o'clock position (toward the driver side) then I screwed a nipple into the threaded elbow. From there I slide a piece of rubber hose over the nipple and let it turn (with no kinks) down towards the ground on the front of the engine. Works great!

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what mine looks like. I had an extra cover plate to work from.

You must be registered for see images attach

MiNi

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what mine looks like. I had an extra cover plate to work from.

MiNi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online