CDR valve replacement question

Rupert8

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a diagram - or series of photos - for CDR valve replacement?

My reason for asking: I took my old one off yesterday (lots of oil inside, think it was the original) and there was a lot of broken plastic down below where it was. Not sure where this plastic came from. Really brittle.

I installed a new CDR valve using the original gromet and o-ring since the replacement didn't come with a new one (have ordered a new gromet online and will install it when it arrives).

The CDR valve (plus O-ring) just inserted into the metal tube that then just went down into the engine. Seems nice and snug.

But I have a nagging doubt! Was there another part that the plastic came from? Am I missing something....? Asking because I don't know what the long plastic piece is in this photo from online searches. Do I need this if I use the metal tube?

I circled the part in question on the attached photo - should this be part of the replaced CDR valve set-up?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 61FrNn47X+L.jpg
    61FrNn47X+L.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 10

Rupert8

Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm learning a lot here for the first time. Would that be the 'standard' position for the CDR valve on a 1986 6.9 IDI?

The longer plastic piece would go inside the metal tube?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My guess on the "plastic" pieces is that they are old pieces of the cowl seal. They probably dropped down there or were dumped off of the air cleaner lid when it was removed with the pieces laying on top of it.
Would that be the 'standard' position for the CDR valve on a 1986 6.9 IDI?
No the standard position is on the back of the intake. from what I can recall, the metal rubes were for 6.9s and aren't available any more. That black rubber tube is what you get for new replacements.

Rupert8

Reaction score
Got it. Much appreciated once again. I'm reusing the metal tube and will replace the gromet when it arrives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online