CDR relocation

culver21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a way to relocate where my cdr valve is. I have a 7.3 idi with the hyper max kit. I am looking to get rid of the air filter set up that I have and do a custom cold air intake. The way it is now the cdr connects to the piece that goes to the air filter. I want to eliminate that piece and do a custom set up right off the turbo.

culver21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is air filter style I want to eliminate. I don’t feel it works as efficient as it should. I want to relocate the piece on the side of the intake.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I believe that Thewespaul mentioned that he was working on a relocation kit. I hope he gets it out soon.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I want to see his so I can decide if I want to use it when I do my turbo install in a couple of months.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
ATS 085 has no CDR. It just connects the valve cover to the intake (inner side of the air filter, on the air box) with a hose.

Black dawg

Reaction score
ATS 085 has no CDR. It just connects the valve cover to the intake (inner side of the air filter, on the air box) with a hose.
Every 085 kit I have seen has a cdr...except the one in your pictures. I wonder if it is a really early kit?

culver21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t wait for the kit. When’s it looking like it will be ready and the cost on it

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the new kit from Wes as well. I'm relocating mine as well. Coming from Wes I'm sure it will be top notch

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two kits in mind, one that will replace the valve covers completely with a custom sheet metal aluminum setup, and another that will use a core program that will modify the stock na valve covers to add -12 an bungs on each side. So if you are interested in the later kit I would stock up on a spare set of covers if you don’t already have a set. I’m sure the prices for clean valve covers would likely end up going up after the kit is released. I do not have a timeline or price yet, but it’s in the works along was some very exciting other projects. I dropped off a radiator, intake manifold, 093 turbo outlet, factory turbo turbine housing, set of na valve covers, an oil pan, a cat 3208 timing gear and set of engine mounts just to give some hints for some future products in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online