CDR relocation

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Every 085 kit I have seen has a cdr...except the one in your pictures. I wonder if it is a really early kit?

I don't know. If you look in the bottom left corner of the diagram, it shows a tee for 83-early 84 only on the fuel return line, which is odd since mine is an 85 and it had that tee, but I broke it and just redid it with an elbow instead of a dead end cap. Maybe it was an on older kit that was lying around still. But that means the diagram is for later 84 until ? and it shows no cdr.

The casting of my air box/intake doesn't have the tapped holes for mounting a CDR, like yeah some ATS kits do. I suppose one could put a cdr in with hoses linking it from the valve cover to the intake, but maybe there was a reason they left it off?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have two kits in mind, one that will replace the valve covers completely with a custom sheet metal aluminum setup, and another that will use a core program that will modify the stock na valve covers to add -12 an bungs on each side. So if you are interested in the later kit I would stock up on a spare set of covers if you don’t already have a set. I’m sure the prices for clean valve covers would likely end up going up after the kit is released. I do not have a timeline or price yet, but it’s in the works along was some very exciting other projects. I dropped off a radiator, intake manifold, 093 turbo outlet, factory turbo turbine housing, set of na valve covers, an oil pan, a cat 3208 timing gear and set of engine mounts just to give some hints for some future products in the works.
Oh boy! Now I get to dig around for an extra valve cover amidst the other things that I wanted to do this weekend.LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Oh boy! Now I get to dig around for an extra valve cover amidst the other things that I wanted to do this weekend.LOL
So that job wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. It must have taken all of 90 seconds. I was amazed that I could remember exactly where the pair was at. So, Wes, any idea on price for this latest CDD beauty product? I'm going to be sending you a package soon and I could include the valve cover in it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since I haven't touched anything but the valve cover, I suppose that I could wait a while yet.:D Now I just have to remember to NOT throw away all of those freaking empty boxes that keep piling up in my garage until I find one that fits everything.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not, should have some pics out this week. Valve covers are getting coated today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online