CDD 110 pump.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
So I just got my pump from Wes at Classic Diesel Designs yesterday and on the trip home lost all power. May have had something to do with the 17 degree advance and the fact that it was all over the place not holding any type of timing while Wes was trying to get a timing read on it. So good timing I guess, pardon the pun. The bad boy is going in now and will try to get some tuning on it and report here with the results! I'm sure some of you ladies and gents are interested in seeing the results! I know I am! Studs and turbo and intercooler will go on the weekend after I recieve them in the mail. But all of this should compliment the CDD stage 1 injectors I already have in there. And yes me n the wife's greasy mits already dirtied it up a bit getting it in. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Well this dang site won't let me post the videos but it's really awesome. Il see if frankenwrench can upload them. Really impressed though.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Drove it to work today and man the response is outstanding! Funny thing is is the engine is a lot quieter. I assume I still need to mess with the timing some as the egts do get rather high fairly easily with the ATS 093 and not being intercooled yet so until that's done I will have to drive by gauge. I was able to make my commute to work a lot quicker than normal with the ability to scoot around a lot quicker and overall really enjoying this pump. I did have to turn down my fuel pressure regulator to 4 PSI from the five-and-a-half PSI that it was at and that seemed to help a little as far as egts, if I really push into it and hold it there I'm able to bounce off of 1100 egt. I usually let off right about there. I may have goofed up buying two of them as the other one is supposed to go in the wife's truck and she's already lead footed. Lol. Going to see if I can get someone to ride with so they can record the response in mile per hour EGT and boost.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad youre happy with it, I really like the sensitivity of these bigger pumps. Takes a lot less pedal input to pull up hills and maintain highway speed, your old pump was fluctuating around the 17* mark so Im not surprised this one is quieter, but you may try advancing it a bit more to help drop the egts a since youre still on the stock turbo, would be cool to see some video of it driving ;Sweet

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! What turbo will you be installing? I'm running a Conestoga baby moose and injectors and a typ4 60 - 1 ATS/stock turbo set up. I too, am eagerly anticipating my intercooler from Wes!

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I believe I will be going with the GTX3582 from Wes. @Thewespaul correct me if I am wrong. Funny tidbit I just noticed, at idle it seems as though the egts are lower than usual, as well as the coolant temp. Surely I shouldn't be worried about this?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, just means the engine is running more efficiently with the fresh pump and creating less heat under no load.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed, I have barely used any fuel and the past few days. Filled up the day I put the pump on and....
And I have about 82 miles on it.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Me too! Spanked a mustang! It was a v6 gt, but was having issues before keeping up with a vw van. And mileage is up to 219 and still 3/4 of a 38 gallon tank! Now I'm sure my guage is not entirely accurate, but used to being down to 3/8 of a tank with the pump issues I was having before. Going to add fuel to top again and divide the mileage by gallons replaced and get sort of a rough estimate. Mind you, I usually am accused of driving like a grandpa, I haven't been since the pump went in. Another reason I'm impressed with the mileage this far. Surely I should still see 20 mpg or so. Maybe more wen I start driving normally again.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to download that video, here’s the clip of it driving
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media