CDD 110 pump.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah keep an eye on that or you’ll be installing the studs real soon, I’ve seen high 20s with that pump and a stock turbo non intercooled!

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Yeah keep an eye on that or you’ll be installing the studs real soon, I’ve seen high 20s with that pump and a stock turbo non intercooled!
I still have yet to floor it since the new pump went in. I seriously hope the 1 1/2 year old head gaskets and bolts hold up till the turbo and intercooler get here. Was just going to do all that at once. But i will definatly keep an eye on it. That was 3/4 throttle shifts for the video. Kinda want to throw this beast on the dyno once everything is on. See where I'm at. The seat of my pants dyno says we're great, but I kinda want to see real numbers. Lol

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have your wastegate hooked up? Unless you're looking to do a mandatory top end rebuild, I would definitely run some sort of boost controller. That way you could floor it without worry. Or at least a lot less worried, dependent upon where are you set your Boost level. IMHO anything above 15 without studs is rolling the dice...

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Wastegate is still hooked up. So I have that going for me. So I have figured with first tank a rough estimate averaged a whoping 19 mpg. And that's with me goosing around with the new power not really grandpawing around as I usually do. Not very accurate with single tank, but shows good promise for fuel economy to me.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Cut off a couple of toes on your right foot and you'll see better mileage! LEADFOOT!;Poke:joker:

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Cut off a couple of toes on your right foot and you'll see better mileage! LEADFOOT!;Poke:joker:
Lol. U get a new toy and you have to see how it all works! Gonna start driving as usual again and get a few tanks to average on and see how that works. Kinda scared to tow without the intercooler and studs in and new turbo so after all that il do another average on mileage working the truck as I usually do. Hopefully by then I can make it to @Thewespauls place again and time the pump correctly. I should really be able to get everything tuned nicely once the pump timing is dead on.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome,

Now you just need a bigger turbo to take care of that extra fuel so you're not rolling coal and wasting fuel while decreasing your engines lifespan.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Awesome,

Now you just need a bigger turbo to take care of that extra fuel so you're not rolling coal and wasting fuel while decreasing your engines lifespan.
As mentioned above, got one of those as well as a complete intercooler kit on the way. It really doesn't roll coal unless I punch it at half throttle while in neutral. I have a habit of starting off from a stop in second and still don't puff. I have noticed that even leadfooting around I never notice coal unless I am not paying attention to what gear I'm in at a stop sign/ light and start off in 3rd. Then there's a large plume of coal for a second till I realize my stupidity and drop a gear and take off. Either way, as soon as the turbos and intercooler kit gets here I'm putting those on and the arp headstuds and I hope my fuel mileage stays close to the same or better. Alot of extra power makes it hard not to use it which in return will burn up some of my mpg. Been going easy on this tank of fuel and taking forever to burn a tank of fuel up, but that should mean I have really good mpg. We will see

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Like the two I just got! Lol. Still waiting on those turbos though.
You must be registered for see images attach

And I did do some towing today. Buddy needed his 5th wheel moved so I had that to do
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't actually do bad at all. Seemed like nothing on the guages behaved any differently while towing other than my temps got up to about 210 but nothing I would be worried about. Glad I had the 110 CDD pump or that little 45 mile trip would have took forever. Got up to 70 fairly easy and nicely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin